The Cornwall RLFC Thread

18 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I too like to make irrelevant comments to make it look like I have a point.

You can pretend all you like , everybody else is well aware of the point I've made 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 2

In pursuit of a little balance, herewith some optimism:

First, Cornwall punches far above its demographic weight when it comes to producing rugby players and athletes. A good example of this is the Bill Beaumont RU County Championship which, over recent years, has been dominated by four sides: three Rugby League heartland counties (Yorkshire, Cheshire, and Lancashire) and Cornwall.

So, looking ahead to the future, Cornwall is somewhat likely to become a net exporter of Rugby League players. Also note that its population is in excess of 560,000 - more than St. Helens, Wigan, and Widnes combined.

Second, the game we all love has just embedded itself as far south and as far west as it is possible in mainland Britain. Celebrate it.

Third, those travelling to follow their teams will be sure to receive a great welcome at The Memorial Ground in Penryn for the club's first season. My son has played for Penryn RFC juniors, and I cannot speak highly enough of those involved with  the oldest Rugby club in Cornwall. What is more, it is just minutes away from some of the most beautiful scenery you will find in the country.

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, ChristianB said:

In pursuit of a little balance, herewith some optimism:

First, Cornwall punches far above its demographic weight when it comes to producing rugby players and athletes. A good example of this is the Bill Beaumont RU County Championship which, over recent years, has been dominated by four sides: three Rugby League heartland counties (Yorkshire, Cheshire, and Lancashire) and Cornwall.

So, looking ahead to the future, Cornwall is somewhat likely to become a net exporter of Rugby League players. Also note that its population is in excess of 560,000 - more than St. Helens, Wigan, and Widnes combined.

Second, the game we all love has just embedded itself as far south and as far west as it is possible in mainland Britain. Celebrate it.

Third, those travelling to follow their teams will be sure to receive a great welcome at The Memorial Ground in Penryn for the club's first season. My son has played for Penryn RFC juniors, and I cannot speak highly enough of those involved with  the oldest Rugby club in Cornwall. What is more, it is just minutes away from some of the most beautiful scenery you will find in the country.

Here, here!

• Like 5

I'm a bit late to these threads about Cornwall, was too busy watching an Italian Job/Raiders of the Lost Ark double bill! 

Well, good luck to Cornwall RLFC then. I agree with the OP I think, we haven't lost anything if it doesn't work out and if it does then that's nothing but fantastic for the sport! 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I don't know if they do anymore due to the pandemic but if they do it wouldn't be hard for heartland fans to get down there cos Eastern Airways certainly used to (as I say don't know if they still do) fly from Leeds to Newquay. 

Didn't know who it was but my uncle flew direct in to Newquay from Leeds.

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

57 minutes ago, Eddie said:

More sneering, you have no idea what research they’ve done or what sort of reception they’ve had in Cornwall, so why not wish them well and wait to find out more? 

That's Ging'.