The Cornwall RLFC Thread

This forum is saintly and good compared to the cesspit of social media, some of the things written about and at Cornwall RL is embarrassing for the sport, and makes a mockery of our claim to be all inclusive and friendly.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 03/12/2021 at 17:21, ChristianB said:

I completely understand why there may be impatience in some quarters. But, seriously, just hold on for details soon (I simply do not know when that will be, less so even allude to who or what.)

Is no news, good news, or bad news?

I'm starved of the rumour, gossip, fancy and fiction, let alone the facts.

Please keep feeding your contingent of genuine well wishers?

We all want you to succeed but this craving needs some frequent relief.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you will have something tasty - an amuse bouche, shall we call it - to satiate your appetite very soon. Probably.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChristianB said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you will have something tasty - an amuse bouche, shall we call it - to satiate your appetite very soon. Probably.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

My Father has told me of when Fulham RLFC started there was no player signatures announced, other than Reg Bowden, they nicked about half the Widnes side, and trained up north, and only went to London on match days, he asks, was Ian Van Bellen the only Londoner?

That was 41 years ago. 1980. There is still animosity in the League fans ranks against them, so we shall slowly build.

Nothing new in RL.

Edited by CornwallRL

33 minutes ago, CornwallRL said:

My Father has told me of when Fulham RLFC started there was no player signatures announced, other than Reg Bowden, they nicked about half the Widnes side, and trained up north, and only went to London on match days, 

These tales usually end with "and look at them now".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CornwallRL said:

My Father has told me of when Fulham RLFC started there was no player signatures announced, other than Reg Bowden, they nicked about half the Widnes side, and trained up north, and only went to London on match days, he asks, was Ian Van Bellen the only Londoner?

That was 41 years ago. 1980. There is still animosity in the League fans ranks against them, so we shall slowly build.

Nothing new in RL.

Ian van Bellen was a Yorkshireman from Huddersfield who we signed from Bradford Northern as they were then. Out of the initial 17 players signed, 5 were from Widnes.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Ian van Bellen was a Yorkshireman from Huddersfield who we signed from Bradford Northern as they were then. Out of the initial 17 players signed, 5 were from Widnes.

And 3 from Workington, though only 1 was a Cumbrian.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

10 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Is it Jethro? 

In all seriousness, I wish Cornwall great success and hope that they pull everything together in time.

If I was a betting man I would say Brian Noble.

There weren’t any next Cornwall manager odds on Betfair but I’d have had a tenner on him if there were. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

That’s a quality appointment at that level. Well done Cornwall 👏

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

That’s a quality appointment at that level. Well done Cornwall 👏

It seems a good appointment for this level. He will have a lot of contacts and will know what's expected. I'm certainly glad they haven't gone for a Noble or another big name for the sake of it. He doesn't seem to have been in RL for years though so it will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

It seems a good appointment for this level. He will have a lot of contacts and will know what's expected. I'm certainly glad they haven't gone for a Noble or another big name for the sake of it. He doesn't seem to have been in RL for years though so it will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

He took over as caretaker coach at Dewsbury no so long ago and lifted them out of the mire IIRC

Looks like a very shrewd appointment to me bearing in mind his experience of coaching in the other code which may be vital if skills are to be transferred to local Cornish athletes.

It should prevent the ignominy heaped on former head coaches at West Wales Raiders where the job was either too big,or it was too soon for them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWRaidersRL/status/1452599847626870784

It may be safe to look towards travel and accommodation, now.

Good wishes to Cornwall.That's a very interesting start. 

• Like 5

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.