The Cornwall RLFC Thread

1 minute ago, OriginalMrC said:

I wonder if they'll be streaming for free or charging. This is a big investment of £20k plus so there must be plenty of money available. 

Yeah it quite cleverly says that that OuRLeague itself is free but doesn’t actually say that the games themselves are free.

10 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Yeah it quite cleverly says that that OuRLeague itself is free but doesn’t actually say that the games themselves are free.

Yeah I've just re read it and it's not clear what the situation is. I assume they'll be charging as its a lot of money to pay out for no return. 

9 minutes ago, tiffers said:

From the conversations I have had, my understanding is that it will be for free.

Wow presumably Cornwall are hoping the exposure will give them more sponsorship opportunities etc and also help them to grow their ourleague subscribers and social media numbers. It's very ambitious but a big financial commitment from a new club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

And great for the L1 heartlands fans who rarely go to away games but were whining about Cornwall being too far.

I do hope lots will still make the journey. There are so many great reasons to spend a couple of days in this part of Cornwall, and I am in no doubt that they will return each season thereafter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Thanks, I’d just googled that. Nice nickname, but not very fearsome. 

They are synonymous with Cornwall. All-but disappeared, but making a comeback thanks to conservation efforts. You can often see them - and hear them - on the clifftops around Lizard Point, Godrevy, and St. Just in Penwith. Fabulous birds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

I may be showing my ignorance here, but what are Choughs? 

Surely you know this... in Sheffield its someone who is a bit of a ****.. but you can use it in polite company. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Simon Grix sounded disappointed 2 weeks ago when Fax announced that Whitton had asked to be released so he could go back to play with his mates at Siddal.

I wonder what Halifax make of this signing!

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1