Summer Bash date confirmed

tms

33 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Swings n roundabouts squiddy owd lad. For everyone that likes Blackpool they'll be one who hates the place. Headingley will be no different as a venue choice.

It's likely I'll be lucky wi this one both on venue and date as its no longer on spring bank weekend. Of course, there will be those it doesn't suit.

Same with Saturday games. Works great for me. I'm on a roll this yearšŸ˜Š

who hates the place.

Only sad people hate the seasideĀ 

Headingley will be no different as a venue choice.

what a load of BS

YESĀ  inside the ground will be the sameĀ  watch FEV then leave but out sideĀ  the ground is a world of differenceĀ 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackpool is an awful place.Ā  Back in the 70's it was a bit brash and 'in-your-face', these days it's like the last days of sodom & Gemorrah.Ā  We last went 10 years back for the lights and as we set off at 6pm to drive through the lights, we saw one incidence of a couple copulating in a shop doorway, several people of both genders urinating in the street and a fight in the street involving 6 or 7 young blokes.

We haven't been back, give me the east coast any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Me. I hate Blackpool. Mates hate Blackpool. My sister lives there..... its a sheeite hole. Other opinions are available.

I prefer headingley as a venue. Each to their own.

WE all know you hate blackpool robin you'veĀ  banged on about it for yearsšŸ˜­

Yes headingly is a good venue for a game of rugby but the summer bash isn't just about a game of rugby it's about mates and families having a couple of days away and despite your bias blackpoolĀ  fulfils that criteria

28 minutes ago, POR said:

WE all know you hate blackpool robin you'veĀ  banged on about it for yearsšŸ˜­

Yes headingly is a good venue for a game of rugby but the summer bash isn't just about a game of rugby it's about mates and families having a couple of days away and despite your bias blackpoolĀ  fulfils that criteria

Each to their own.Ā 

I've a foot in both camps on this one.

I'd agree Blackpool can be a bit of a sh1tebox, think Bartertown from Mad Max 3 but with kiss me quick hats and saveloys.

On the other hand it's by the sea, so can't be all bad, and I've had a few decent boozy joe's there in the past.

The term 'faded grandeur' springs to mind, as it does every time I'm in Scarborough, and it would be great to see both restored to former glories as essential seaside family holiday resorts of choice.

All that said, I'd be happy to see the Bash held at Headingley, and would likely be there if it is.

35 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I don't see any point in the Summer Bash if it's played at Headingley. Isn't it meant to be somewhere different where people can enjoy a weekend. Doesn't have to be Blackpool, but surely somewhere a bit more exciting than Leeds. What about the Etihaad Campus in Manchester?.Ā 

play n Perpignan and have a weekend in lloretĀ šŸ¹šŸ¾šŸ»Ā  šŸøšŸ¦Ā šŸ”šŸ–ļøšŸ„³

Ā 

6 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I don't see any point in the Summer Bash if it's played at Headingley. Isn't it meant to be somewhere different where people can enjoy a weekend. Doesn't have to be Blackpool, but surely somewhere a bit more exciting than Leeds. What about the Etihaad Campus in Manchester?.Ā 

This.

The Summer Bash at Headingley would be like packing a picnic and having aĀ  day trip to Knottingley. I dont like places like Blackpool or Weston-super-Mare. They have been perfectly described above but as a venue for the Summer Bash it ticks every box. It's the only place the missus has been to watch Fev play and we've had a great time with the kids too. Blackpool like most other coastal resorts are fab for families in the right places at the right time ie not behind the central pier or tower after dark!

HA HA HA Robin your worth a bob onĀ 

Ā You hate the bash at blackpoolĀ 

Ā You hate the summer bash concept thinksĀ Ā It scews the final table

BUT lo and beholdĀ Play in Toulouse..... Happy days

So what you're really sayingĀ  is we can have summer bash as long as it's in a venue of you're choiceĀ šŸ–ļøšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

1 hour ago, POR said:

HA HA HA Robin your worth a bob onĀ 

Ā 

So what you're really sayingĀ  is we can have summer bash as long as it's in a venue of you're choiceĀ šŸ–ļøšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I'm not that convinced about the concept. I'm just not.

I'm just a huge fracophile..... any excuse for a trip.... so yes... Pretty much correct there!!šŸ¤£

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm not that convinced about the concept. I'm just not.

I'm just a huge fracophile..... any excuse for a trip.... so yes... Pretty much correct there!!šŸ¤£

one question Robin what's aĀ fracophileā“

Archived