Pointless

JF1

Did anybody see Pointless earlier this evening?

The final couple were asked what they would spend their winnings on should they win the jackpot.

The Bloke stated it would go towards flying to Canada next year to watch Warrington Wolves play.  Best laid plans and all that.

He also said that he thought that the next year would be Warrington's year. (ok,I made that bit up,couldn't resist)

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, JF1 said:

Did anybody see Pointless earlier this evening?

The final couple were asked what they would spend their winnings on should they win the jackpot.

The Bloke stated it would go towards flying to Canada next year to watch Warrington Wolves play.  Best laid plans and all that.

He also said that he thought that the next year would be Warrington's year. (ok,I made that bit up,couldn't resist)

In the introduction the same guy said he was a tennis coach and a massive rugby league fan. Armstrong went on to only talk about tennis and ignored the other sport.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

35 minutes ago, Padge said:

In the introduction the same guy said he was a tennis coach and a massive rugby league fan. Armstrong went on to only talk about tennis and ignored the other sport.

Met a bloke once who said he cleaned toilets for a living and he said he had met Will Carlin once- i asked him to tell me all about his toilet job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The programme was a repeat. Dig far enough back, and you'll probably find the original thread about it, but searching for the word "pointless" in a forum dedicated to RL discussions will probably give you far too many results. :kolobok_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The programme was a repeat. Dig far enough back, and you'll probably find the original thread about it, but searching for the word "pointless" in a forum dedicated to RL discussions will probably give you far too many results. :kolobok_wink:

That search would be full of Leigh match day threads 😒

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Are you honestly stating that Pointless gets repeated, what's the point in that.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

25 minutes ago, Padge said:

Are you honestly stating that Pointless gets repeated, what's the point in that.

The presenters do have to go home and see their families occasionally, you know. Plus Richard's got a media empire to run and about three other shows on the go, and Alexander has a Classic FM gig.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 6 months later...

Adam, a contestant on this evening's show, was a touch-judge in Albania's first ever Rugby League international, apparently.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Adam, a contestant on this evening's show, was a touch-judge in Albania's first ever Rugby League international, apparently.

Erm.....having rewound the episode back  ,Adam just said Rugby, so could be either code.

Edited by HawkMan

33 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Erm.....having rewound the episode back  ,Adam just said Rugby, so could be either code.

In yesterday's episode, his first, he specified Rugby League.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

In yesterday's episode, his first, he specified Rugby League.

And you've waited 24 hours to tell us!

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I thought this was going to be a thread about recent games involving Hull KR.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

I thought this was going to be a thread about recent games involving Hull KR.

Or why Trent Barrett is currently jobless.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

Founding members of the Northern Union would be my fantasy last round question 😄 Any one of Tyldesley, Liversedge or Brighouse Rangers must be candidates for Pointless answers.....

Sorry, that category's not available today. How well do you think you'd do with naming rare breeds of poultry?

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Sorry, that category's not available today. How well do you think you'd do with naming rare breeds of poultry?

I might go OK on that one. What is the only 5-toed British breed?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Not kidding - that's been a regular category for the final round for a whole season so far. Nobody's selected it.

Answers worth going with: Vorwerk, Onagadon, Ixworth, Marsh Daisy, Scots Dumpy, Brabanter or Suffolk Chequer.

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Not kidding - that's been a regular category for the final round for a whole season so far. Nobody's selected it.

Answers worth going with: Vorwerk, Onagadon, Ixworth, Marsh Daisy, Scots Dumpy, Brabanter or Suffolk Chequer.

Dorking

6 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well I don't know what my Scientific/Latin name is but I can assure you people have assigned quite a number of different names to me over the years. 😉

No you're Anser anseris. Often called an Emden.

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

14 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Participants of hen nights?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)