Summer Bash

spanishknight

49 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Who are you hoping we play at the Bash, I think we will get Fev, London v Eagles, Leigh v Widnes, Thunder v Barrow and Bulls v Fax.

It should go on league positions at the time would get more competitive games.

As a rule they first look at  local derby's then geographical location finally competitive games because in their eyes they will attract bumper crowds

so first it will be west yorks derby  B v P heavy woolen D v R 

geographical location the north yorks pair K v T 

Finally in their eyes competitive games  L v F  B v LB  W v S

For me the only thing that could change is if they think L v W is a local derby and F v S is  a yorks derby

2 hours ago, POR said:

As a rule they first look at  local derby's then geographical location finally competitive games because in their eyes they will attract bumper crowds

For me the only thing that could change is if they think L v W is a local derby and F v S is  a yorks derby

ABCDEF v GHIJKL

2 hours ago, Puk said:

too difficult to arrange , generally speaking people prefer local derbies , eg workington v whitehaven plus its the matches that produce the biggest crowds and a balance to keep as many speccies there most of each day

3 hours ago, Puk said:

As George says difficult to organise, for example you would not know until the Sunday/Monday before whether you are playing Saturday or Sunday. Personally I would go with the league placings from the year before (this would give Leigh v Fev, Fax v Batley, Bulls v Whitehaven, etc.)

However assuming we go with local derbies/matches that produce the biggest crowds, then I think you have to start with Cumbria, where there are three teams to deal with needing a fourth with the logical choices being Widnes or Newcastle, so something like the following may work if looking at geography:

Whitehaven v Workington, Barrow v Newcastle, York v Fev, Batley v Dewsbury, Fax v Bulls, Sheffield v London and Leigh v Widnes. 

However if you want two big games / big crowds to end each day then this would possibly give:

Leigh v Fev, York v Bulls, Whitehaven v Workington, Barrow v Widnes, Batley v Dewsbury, Sheffield v London and Fax v Newcastle.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

On 03/11/2021 at 09:09, POR said:

Anybody got a spare enigma machine handy🤔

They'll be the usual complains with it been an extra game

Should be

1 vs 2

3 vs 4

5 vs 6

7 vs 8

9 vs 10

11 vs 12

13 vs 14

League places decided at close of play 2 weeks before the Blackpool Bash. 

Shame there's not a cup weekend before the bash then the tables wouldn't change 🤔

5 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Hopefully somewhere oop North , nothing on the west coast apart from 'pool. East coast is there anywhere with a decent ground ?.

i was thinking newcastle , great city , plenty of accomodation but might look a bit silly with only 10k in a 60k stadium

1 minute ago, Clarence Street said:

How about decent stadium? Mind you, I suppose they could use the bullring.😀

With Sticky Vicky as half time entertainment. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived