New Women’s SL Teams

Eddie

35 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Warrington knew what they were doing at the end of this season.

Would you mind taking the trouble to explain what you mean by this?

I'm interested but I don't know what you are implying.

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Not sure if this has gone unnoticed due to all the excitement around Cornwall and some ex-Salford players taking up acting in America, but there are two new women’s teams being brought into next year’s SL. Nice bit of expansion too. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/59133458

Didn`t go unnoticed for anyone visiting the women and girls section.

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The news about the split had been leaked before the playoffs started. On the face of it whoever won the final of the consolation playoff are in for a long hard season next year.

So are you are suggesting, as Eddie asked, that they deliberately lost the last game, so they would play in a less demanding league next year?

47 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

So are you are suggesting, as Eddie asked, that they deliberately lost the last game, so they would play in a less demanding league next year?

You would think they would go for the even less demanding option and not play at all if they thought like that.

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Im suggesting there were less incentive for either team to win knowing they will get hammered next season after the news got leaked.

45 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im suggesting there were less incentive for either team to win knowing they will get hammered next season after the news got leaked.

Yes ok.

I just never met a (pro) player who thought like that. 

57 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Is there a video of the match to see if this idea is borne out by what happened on the field?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Excellent news regarding Leigh and Barrow, good luck to them both.

Very suprised there isnt a Hull team in the WSL yet, hopefully that's in the pipeline.

There is a team at Hull FC but they are currently in the Women's Championship, finishing in the bottom half of the table. I would imagine that they have ambitions to make the WSL but will have to improve and earn it by promotion - I'm assuming that there will be promotion/relegation between the WSL and Championship 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Very suprised there isnt a Hull team in the WSL yet, hopefully that's in the pipeline.

I'm not.............it's symptomatic of the little effort the Hull clubs have done in junior and community development over the past 20 years. Hopefully things are starting to change, all too little too late though

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

You have obviously not talked to some of the women(girls) who played against Saints last year then for some of the lower clubs.

No that's right, I haven't.

It just reveals a pretty low level of self concept (a lack of confidence in themselves) and also, it just seems such a static view of their situation. That things are going to stay the same as they are now. That they as individuals or their team can't be strengthened, or improved skillfully.

Again, (in my experience) that attitude is inconsistent with professional athletic endeavour.

There's nothing wrong with that per se but if they are ever to become competitive, (in a professional environment) the first thing that needs to change is that low self esteem, and to inculcate the belief that if they are willing to work and to change (as a result) they can compete at the higher level.

5 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Yes ok.

I just never met a (pro) player who thought like that. 

I've never met a Rugby League player in my life who would lose a game to get an easier game next time... let alone trying to persuade a whole team to think like that.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I've never met a Rugby League player in my life who would lose a game to get an easier game next time... let alone trying to persuade a whole team to think like that.

Yes I agree, please see my follow on post. 

2 hours ago, fighting irish said:

No that's right, I haven't.

It just reveals a pretty low level of self concept (a lack of confidence in themselves) and also, it just seems such a static view of their situation. That things are going to stay the same as they are now. That they as individuals or their team can't be strengthened, or improved skillfully.

Again, (in my experience) that attitude is inconsistent with professional athletic endeavour.

There's nothing wrong with that per se but if they are ever to become competitive, (in a professional environment) the first thing that needs to change is that low self esteem, and to inculcate the belief that if they are willing to work and to change (as a result) they can compete at the higher level.

I agree but up until this season most of the players have not been playing in a professional environment despite playing under the banner of SL clubs. Hopefully that changes going forward. I know Huddersfield specifically have admitted they have made mistakes and are looking to put things right in the future. Although I do hear they are still trying to convince parents that there will be an U18's competition at SL level next year as their selling point as to not having 16 year old girls play against the likes of Saints.

Archived