Lam linked with Leigh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andrewj said:

As a Leigh fan I can only see this as a positive appointment for Leigh (even with the Wigan link) .

He has had a dodgy couple of seasons at the Pie Palace but comes with vast experience..hopefully it comes off !!

Is it true?

2 minutes ago, Andrewj said:

As a Leigh fan I can only see this as a positive appointment for Leigh (even with the Wigan link) .

He has had a dodgy couple of seasons at the Pie Palace but comes with vast experience..hopefully it comes off !!

Good luck to Leigh if they do go down this route. He plays a pretty dull brand. This was Lam as he finished up with Wigan last year.

mQrgWR@facebook.gif 

Sounds like Lam has found his station in life.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Not sure I've seen a coach as out of his depth as he was with us this season. He hasn't improved a single player in his 3 years with us and the standard of rugby has been simply appalling. 

To sum up-I'd probably look elsewhere if I were Leigh. 

32 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Not sure I've seen a coach as out of his depth as he was with us this season. He hasn't improved a single player in his 3 years with us and the standard of rugby has been simply appalling. 

To sum up-I'd probably look elsewhere if I were Leigh. 

But he did take an average team to the top of the league & within a whisker of a Grand Final win the year before.

He did however lose the plot in the second half of last season but what little quality Wigan had he lost a lot of it,I’m not sure many coaches would have had success with Leneghan’s & Radlinski’s inept recruitment/retention policy.

11 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Is there a media source to substantiate the Lam link to Leigh❓

A disastrous appointment for Wigan IMHO but that's now history.

Gaffer is away on Jollys so media are making up storys as we await the squad and coach updates prior to preseason starting next week. We had Wane lined up if we had stayed in SL - a huge contract I understand. These Emirati Princes like throwing cash about.

40 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Is there a media source to substantiate the Lam link to Leigh❓

A disastrous appointment for Wigan IMHO but that's now history.

Marshall in the frame too allegedly

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/adrian-lam-leigh-centurions-coach-22051530

Difference between Marshall and Lam is that Richard was very successful at Halifax as Head Coach. He knows the division and what is required. Lam's only stint as club Head Coach was at Wigan where he was an unmitigated disaster.

Between the two of them there's only one sensible appointment to make and it isn't Lam!

11 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Gaffer is away on Jollys so media are making up storys as we await the squad and coach updates prior to preseason starting next week. We had Wane lined up if we had stayed in SL - a huge contract I understand. These Emirati Princes like throwing cash about.

Cash is SO sordid and yesterday. Its all electronic these days, but I'd steer away from OneCoin if I were you. 😊

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OneCoin

14 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Difference between Marshall and Lam is that Richard was very successful at Halifax as Head Coach. He knows the division and what is required. Lam's only stint as club Head Coach was at Wigan where he was an unmitigated disaster.

Between the two of them there's only one sensible appointment to make and it isn't Lam!

Imagine finishing within an inch of a Grand Final win and fourth place in Super League being an "unmitigated disaster". You lot don't even know you're born.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

Imagine finishing within an inch of a Grand Final win and fourth place in Super League being an "unmitigated disaster". You lot don't even know you're born.

Whilst true one has to ask if you saw any of Wigan the last six months? If my club appointed the man who oversaw that I'd be appalled.

18 minutes ago, M j M said:

Whilst true one has to ask if you saw any of Wigan the last six months? If my club appointed the man who oversaw that I'd be appalled.

He got to the play off semis and Wigan had one of the best defensive records in the league. A bit harsh 

45 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

People often seem to forget that Fax did not offer Marshall a new contract despite how "successful" he were. 

Yup, I was going to say were Fax/Fax fans not somewhat underwhelmed? I mean not Lam-levels of underwhelmment but still not great.

Archived