Lam linked with Leigh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, M j M said:

Yup, I was going to say were Fax/Fax fans not somewhat underwhelmed? I mean not Lam-levels of underwhelmment but still not great.

Very. From the outside looking in it looks like he over achived but from the inside considering the resources he had at his disposal we didn't get close to competing in the middle 8's outside of the first season which was Harrison's team and then by the time he left the team needed pretty much replacing as Marshall had failed to bring in new players and the ones he had brought in were mostly shown the door as his recruitment was distinctly average at best.

Jeez they’ve just been relegated, have to endure Beaumont’s leadership, and - let’s be honest - actually live in Leigh. It’s time to be compassionate folks, at some point we need to ask the humane question: Haven’t their fans suffered enough? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

15 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Jeez they’ve just been relegated, have to endure Beaumont’s leadership, and - let’s be honest - actually live in Leigh. It’s time to be compassionate folks, at some point we need to ask the humane question: Haven’t their fans suffered enough? 

If it was Les Leigh they wouldn’t comment.😂

13 hours ago, binosh said:

I’m told this deal is now done.

Lam for Leigh.

Awaiting the comments from within the club why if your information is correct Adrian Lam is the choice of coach to take the club forward, could it be that no one else is available or no one else fancies the post or simply he is the best man for the job?

If he was under pressure at Wigan for entirely different reasons life will be no easier for him at Leigh, the expectations from on high within the club will be some distance apart but mediocrity and failure will not be acceptable, he will not be able to rely on player's of any better standing than he had previously and he will have to have the ability to improve each individuals performance levels, something I can't say I have noticed of his charges since he arrived at Wigan, he has persevered with a lot of young good players at Wigan and also some established stars both catagories who seem to have stood still or in some cases gone backwards in the last season or two, is it his coaching methods or his motivational qualities or a combination of both that is in question?

If he does come to Leigh, I wish him all the best and hope that he can turn around the opinion many have in his coaching abilities including me, and he goes on to prove that he is the right man for the job.

On 04/11/2021 at 13:19, Damien said:

The play off semis are no achievement at a club like Wigan. It should be par for the course

See , that's where I see a problem , that attitude isn't really beneficial , from a wider sporting view 

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

See , that's where I see a problem , that attitude isn't really beneficial , from a wider sporting view 

That seems very odd. I don't think mine or other Wigan fans attitude contributes one iota to the wider sporting view. Wanting to achieve standards should certainly not be considered a bad thing. RL needs more of that.

Wigan have so many inherent built in advantages that being in the play offs in a salary capped sport isn't a big deal. The club has amongst the best juniors system traditionally, spends up to the cap, qualifies for various home grown cap exemptions etc. All the cards are stacked in its favour. I wish it was a big deal but it isn't and won't be why we have a two tier Super League. 

It's no different to any other sport. Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool fans would see finishing in a Champions League spot as the bare minimum. They have the most resources and spend the most. I'm not sure why you think RL fans should be different. 

On 06/11/2021 at 08:21, Harry Stottle said:

Awaiting the comments from within the club why if your information is correct Adrian Lam is the choice of coach to take the club forward, could it be that no one else is available or no one else fancies the post or simply he is the best man for the job?

If he was under pressure at Wigan for entirely different reasons life will be no easier for him at Leigh, the expectations from on high within the club will be some distance apart but mediocrity and failure will not be acceptable, he will not be able to rely on player's of any better standing than he had previously and he will have to have the ability to improve each individuals performance levels, something I can't say I have noticed of his charges since he arrived at Wigan, he has persevered with a lot of young good players at Wigan and also some established stars both catagories who seem to have stood still or in some cases gone backwards in the last season or two, is it his coaching methods or his motivational qualities or a combination of both that is in question?

If he does come to Leigh, I wish him all the best and hope that he can turn around the opinion many have in his coaching abilities including me, and he goes on to prove that he is the right man for the job.

Would be a brave move to bring in a coach without Championship experience. Probably just DB's obsession with "names".

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

And quite obviously not at Wigan either John?

That's your  bit of a whatabout moment, though, in a thread entitled "Lam linked with Leigh."

To indulge you for a moment, though, I don't think there is anyone at Wigan who comes close to Beaumont's talent of..er...er.. direct speaking. 😃

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Aye those big names like Jukes or Purtill or Duffy or Haggerty.

Beat me to the punch Sweaty.

I think that Derek's problem is that he hasn't gone enough for 'big names'. Too much loyalty to his mates, ex-players and people not up to the job.

What Leigh need is someone with real experience, strength and presence, someone not afraid to stand up to Derek and tell him to b***** off when he starts interfering. Whether Adrian Lam is that man, I really wouldn't know.

9 hours ago, Damien said:

That seems very odd. I don't think mine or other Wigan fans attitude contributes one iota to the wider sporting view. Wanting to achieve standards should certainly not be considered a bad thing. RL needs more of that.

Wigan have so many inherent built in advantages that being in the play offs in a salary capped sport isn't a big deal. The club has amongst the best juniors system traditionally, spends up to the cap, qualifies for various home grown cap exemptions etc. All the cards are stacked in its favour. I wish it was a big deal but it isn't and won't be why we have a two tier Super League. 

It's no different to any other sport. Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool fans would see finishing in a Champions League spot as the bare minimum. They have the most resources and spend the most. I'm not sure why you think RL fans should be different. 

I suppose I'm just referencing the NRL and its I'm assuming different attitude , I do recall the day when Wigan fans used to moan and whinge if they didn't stick 50/60 past everybody 😉

Archived