Latest new club to join the league in 2022

yck2017

17 hours ago, yck2017 said:

just seen this they are based in Cornwall

Sorry but can’t see this taking off. Though like to be proved wrong. South Wales teams have always struggled to gain a foothold even with decent centres of population. No big towns or cities to base them in and geographically out on a limb.  Also, Cornwall is big on RU.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

On 04/11/2021 at 19:49, spanishknight said:

Your right John, Bramley, Chorley, Carlisle and more have all been allowed to die.

Huyton, Blackpool, Scarborough,can never understand why the likes of Middlesbrough,Sunderland, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, have never been trialled regarding Rugby League. 

Perez likes to open a corner shop every 200 miles then proclaim he's a global franchise, when realistically all he has is outposts with not many Indians interested in taking over the Fort 🤔🤔

On 04/11/2021 at 18:44, DEANO said:

I’d say there is more chance of platting fog than this been a success. Would love to be wrong

It's a lot nearer than Toronto!😀 Actually I'm all for expansion. It creates a bit of interest and as long as they stand or fall off their bat and don't impact on other clubs I can't see anything wrong with it. Like a lot more folk I enjoy a few days away to watch some rugby but even if I didn't good luck to them. The more the merrier.

• 1 month later...
On 04/11/2021 at 12:49, White Knight said:

Sorry but can’t see this taking off. Though like to be proved wrong. South Wales teams have always struggled to gain a foothold even with decent centres of population. No big towns or cities to base them in and geographically out on a limb.  Also, Cornwall is big on RU.

Cornwall is so big on rugby union, its leading club side (second tier Cornish Pirates/Penzance & Newlyn) struggle to get 2,000 through the gate.

I remember, when I worked in Exeter in the late 1990s, going to watch Redruth play Plymouth Albion. Just 400 (a suspiciously round official attendance figure) turned out to watch.

Mind, the Cornish do support in good numbers the county team. Indeed, Cornwall is the only county where spectators still get remotely excited about rugby union's county championship.

Archived