Wheelchair Internationals

Damien

Shown live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC website and app:

Both England Wheelchair internationals against World Cup holders France next week will be shown live on BBC iPlayer the BBC Sport website and app, completing a breakthrough year for Wheelchair Rugby League. 

The matches, which were arranged following the postponement of the 2021 World Cup, will be played at the Medway Sports Park in Kent on Wednesday November 10 (630pm kick-off) and Saturday November 13 (4pm kick-off) – with a few hundred tickets still available. 

The BBC’s coverage means all three of England’s home games in 2021 will have been shown live by BBC Sport, following their live red button coverage of the mid-season victory against Wales in Sheffield in June. 

England Wheelchair double header against France to be shown on BBC Sport (rugby-league.com)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was nice to see a few Swinton shirts in the recent Wales v Ireland and Wales v Scotland Wheelchair Internationals in Glyndwr University Sports Centre, Wrexham. Thansk for making the effor fellas.

Originally it was hoped the games in Medway could have included the Celtic nations, but unfortunately it couldn't be accommodated.

Best wishes to both England and France in the two games.

6 minutes ago, RIGGY said:

Three of us coming down from Manchester for the Saturday game. Looking forward to it having already been to Wrexham

Thanks for coming fellas. I hope you enjoyed the games.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You should make a big totalrl banner so we can pick you out of the crowd. 👍

You just need a bit of white cloth big enough to fit "A farce, a joke, a disgrace" on it, in big green crayoned letters. :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Just noticed these games are on the red button as well. 

Yes, but that'll be a SD broadcast, compared to the stream. Still, it's good to have the option for our resident Luddites.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Yes, but that'll be a SD broadcast, compared to the stream. Still, it's good to have the option for our resident Luddites.

Oh no, standard definition! My eyes will literally melt out of their sockets! How did we cope without high definition back in the dark ages of the 2000s?! 

Edit. I apologise, that was a bit sarcastic even for me, I just knew someone would point out what you said and I don't see why it matters in what definition the game is watched. I'll personally be watching it on red button, not cos I'm a luddite but simply because it'll be very easy to just press one button on my remote for the tele I'll be watching anyway and I'll still see the same game in SD as you will in HD, the game will be no different, a different team will not win just because the players will only be marginally more crisp around the edges. Again, I apologise, I just feel strongly about this because it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. 

WARNING. POSITIVITY ALERT. 

As I posted on this forum at the time, back in December 2019 I left my job due to bullying and discrimination. Coupled with the pandemic hitting not long afterwards and a couple of other problems I was in a very bad place and found myself massively piling on weight. 

It took me 18 months to finally find another job, a search of course massively hindered by the pandemic, just my luck that I left my job when one of history's worst pandemics was due to happen. I have been working again for 6 months now and I am so grateful for it. 

As a treat to myself, last year I bought one of the hummel England shirts in a sale for £25 I think it was. When the shirt came I tried it on and it was ridiculously tight and so didn't wear it again after that first try. 

Due to these games being played I have just tried on that same England shirt again. It is now loose on my body. Since I began working again I have lost 2 stone without even trying really. I am just getting exercise at work and cutting down on meal portion sizes, and I guess most positively, I am quite simply a lot happier in myself again and it took a discounted England shirt with a sodding weird neck hole to really put that into perspective for me!

Rugby league has always been the thing I have turned to to make me happy and it has delivered again! 😁

I just get 'this content isn't working' on the red button and the BBC Sport app.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived