NEXT SEASON

I could not be so excited (Apart from the London Broncos that I really do hope will turn things around)

* Toulouse in SL:)

* Hull KR back on track to become a big club again and a great derby v Hull FC

* RLWC :)))

* Challenge Cup Final at Tottenham Hotspur FC

* Catalan Dragons v Toulouse could be the biggest SL crowd ever

* Cornwall RL

* England v France regular tests back on the agenda

* Forces RL Male and female to really take off with a TV deal (Watch this space)

* Female SL continues to grow

* The most competitive Championship for years 

* Etc etc etc 

Paul

7 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I could not be so excited (Apart from the London Broncos that I really do hope will turn things around)

* Cornwall RL

* Forces RL Male and female to really take off with a TV deal (Watch this space)

* Etc etc etc 

Paul

Far too positive!

It’s a farce.  Game is dead.  We’re all doomed.

etc etc

If we get the internationals back on track the game is in a really great place the world is changing sponsorship wise as well the days of betting (Got bless Betfred though brilliant sponsor:) booze and pies are coming to end now its all tech apps etc and the marketing directors of the new age companies have no pre conceptions 🙂

Internationals are the way forward to attract new sponsors 100%

Paul

Just now, Whippet13 said:

Interesting. Will that be on Forces TV?

Watch this space (100% not) big things planned for the forces and some fantastic forward thinking people involved Rugby League has the added bonus that the RAF are also competitive:)

And the girls are bloody good:)

Paul

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

* Cornwall RL

* Etc etc etc 

Paul

Hopefully the reserves, academy and community games get back fully on track after a stop start 2 years also. So much to look forward to.

8 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Watch this space (100% not) big things planned for the forces and some fantastic forward thinking people involved Rugby League has the added bonus that the RAF are also competitive:)

And the girls are bloody good:)

Paul

The Crabs are only in it for the hotels 😉 

Other positives are:

The decision to shelve the madness of the 2x10 for 2 years (which probably means it's dead).

The expected "realignment" of SL and the RFL.

League 1 is going go be a terrific comp next year, going to be one hell of a fight to see who goes up.

Lots of positives in the game to Look forward to next year. I'd like to see the big events made into big events by attracting big crowds and getting lots of media coverage and promotion. These events can be used to drive everything else.

CC semi finals double header

CC final 

Magic Weekend

GF 

England vs France 

RLWC.

I'd also include Catalans vs Toulouse as a big event.

25 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Not sure how much I trust that article.

There's a kiss in it!

The delay in 2x10 has been reported elsewhere as well: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-structure-broadcast-deal-22067519

I suspect one or two Championship clubs might be regretting splashing the cash on players for next season now...

13 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

* Cornwall RL

* Etc etc etc 

Paul

Far too positive, gonna have to report you to the mods 

As a Thunder fan excited to see what we can do this season, The Championship is going to be quality this season.

Obviously the World Cup could be huge for rugby league in this country, a successful World Cup that the nation gets behind is the hope.

Toulouse in Super League, hopefully they make a good go of it and surprise a couple of teams along the way.

The Challenge Cup Final at the Tottenham Stadium is going to be different but a new venue and hopefully some new supporters. Don't know how the fixtures would pan out but Skolars or Broncos playing a home game on that Friday night as a curtain raiser would be decent. But given the 1895 Cup that might not happen. 

There's a lot to be excited about really in what is a massive season for rugby league.

5 hours ago, Wire quin said:

Critically crowds down year on year, TV funding hugely reduced. That’s what underpins the sport. 

Ah thank you, reading through all the posts until yours I was getting disorientated by the positivity. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Ah thank you, reading through all the posts until yours I was getting disorientated by the positivity. 

Wire Quin?

5 hours ago, Phil W said:

As a Thunder fan excited to see what we can do this season, The Championship is going to be quality this season.

Obviously the World Cup could be huge for rugby league in this country, a successful World Cup that the nation gets behind is the hope.

Toulouse in Super League, hopefully they make a good go of it and surprise a couple of teams along the way.

The Challenge Cup Final at the Tottenham Stadium is going to be different but a new venue and hopefully some new supporters. Don't know how the fixtures would pan out but Skolars or Broncos playing a home game on that Friday night as a curtain raiser would be decent. But given the 1895 Cup that might not happen. 

There's a lot to be excited about really in what is a massive season for rugby league.

You'd want it to be Skolars. They are the local club. Saracens also play a game at Tottenham so time to show folks what the superior code is. Watching union lads take 3 mins to take a penalty is not on. Skolars really need a better name though. Using different colours as well to the Broncos.

Archived