Dylan Napa on his way to Catalan Dragons

59 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

You'd have thought they'd have learnt from Folau but evidently not.

Not sure how this helps Mourgue or Laguerre in their quest for game time either. Both should be playing Super League every week in my opinion.

I agree come on Toulouse make a bid 🙂

Paul

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Gossip Tyrone May in talks with Catalans.

Not sure about that . He’s obviously burned his bridges in Oz , which is one issue , but I also don’t think he’s all that good tbh . There were big raps on him but he hasn’t really broken through , nailed down a spot and shown it  there like several others have 

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Not sure about that . He’s obviously burned his bridges in Oz , which is one issue , but I also don’t think he’s all that good tbh . There were big raps on him but he hasn’t really broken through , nailed down a spot and shown it  there like several others have 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/tyrone-may-catalans-dragons-22142544.amp

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I agree come on Toulouse make a bid 🙂

Paul

Toulouse have to be targeting any French player who is not making the Catalans 17 on a regular basis. There are 3 or 4 there who are comfortably Super League quality and would give them a massive chance of staying up. Not to mention the benefits for the national team heading into the world cup.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Call him Big Papi, he likes that 

In fact I`ve heard him referred to as `big nappy` because of his tendency to sulk.

Either way I think he`ll be a great signing for the Cats and I expect him to rejuvenate his career. I really like what`s going on at that club, they should be right in the hunt again this year and given they`re a proven ratings winner they should be perfect with the extra T.V. coverage this year.

They get a lot of headlines over here and can only see that increasing with the popular Mitch Pierce over there. I really like the sound of Yakstorms theory that the 12.30p.m. start over there works in with a 9.30p.m. kick off over here after April and a potential extra game on our Super Saturdays. Clubs like Wigan, St. Helens et. al. still have currency over here and you can definitely throw in Cats now as well. Hopefully a bit more of an earner for the Super League.

10 hours ago, The Rocket said:

In fact I`ve heard him referred to as `big nappy` because of his tendency to sulk.

Either way I think he`ll be a great signing for the Cats and I expect him to rejuvenate his career. 

Ain't that the truth - had a face like a slapped backside for years.

For a couple of years at the Roosters he looked like he was going to develop into a truly world class player but for whatever reason his form dropped massively. The Roosters got shut of him and his time at the Dogs can probably be described as nothing short of a disaster. They signed him to be a 'leader' in their pack to replace Graham, but what they got was a whinging pansey who's forgotten how to tackle.

Its going to take an absolutely huge turnaround in form if he's going to offer anything at all to Catalans and personally I just can't see it happening. By the end of last season he has to have been one of (if not the) worst props in the NRL

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

14 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

For a couple of years at the Roosters he looked like he was going to develop into a truly world class player but for whatever reason his form dropped massively. The Roosters got shut of him and his time at the Dogs can probably be described as nothing short of a disaster. They signed him to be a 'leader' in their pack to replace Graham, but what they got was a whinging pansey who's forgotten how to tackle.

Its going to take an absolutely huge turnaround in form if he's going to offer anything at all to Catalans and personally I just can't see it happening. By the end of last season he has to have been one of (if not the) worst props in the NRL

I`ll give him another chance mate, although you are right he hasn`t lived up to his initial promise. I remember him being in trouble a few times for leading with his head  and I really thought he was going to be the Queensland prop like a lot of their old hardmen. Does make you wonder maybe whether he just doesn`t like to put in the effort off the field, I suppose not everyone`s cut out to be a good trainer or got the heart to be a really good prop.

Anyway Regan Campbell-Gillard lost his confidence for a couple of years and he`s back now into it, hopefully Napa can turn it around for Catalan.

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Funny how you seem to regularly view other clubs NRL recruits as rubbish,a couple of Saints latest bunch of NRL players haven’t exactly been pulling up tress lately.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Funny how you seem to regularly view other clubs NRL recruits as rubbish,a couple of Saints latest bunch of NRL players haven’t exactly been pulling up tress lately.

Where have I waxed lyrical about the likes of Sironen an did you even read any of my posts about Hopoate and what I thought about Saints signing him ?

But with regards to Napa - even the most one-eyed Catalans fan can't deny he's been absolute complete & utter garbage for the last 2-3 years and is currently one of the worst props in the NRL.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

For the prices he was being shipped around for in Aus, I doubt Catalans paid much for him. 

Could be a bargain, he was good at the Roosters, then played badly under Pay & Georgallis in a team that was struggling.  Barrett was trying to offload him before the season kicked off and clearly wasn't liked, being played for less than 20 minutes some games at the start of the year (finished playing closer to 50).

I have my doubts that he can rediscover his Roosters form, though I imagine McNamara has more of an idea than I do.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Archived