Great news and Deano will be happy.

spanishknight

Loads of other stuff that made up his mind to stay but the cheers he always got as he made his way over to the west stand with duty stato before the game even when we were going through the bad spell mid season , I think that would have been a push in the right direction.

Great to see Fordy sign for another 3 years and the Q & A on the website was a very interesting read, gives a real insight into how he wants certain players to play next year. Any ideas on who is assisting Big Chief Fordy next season? Would really love it to be Tim Spears but wasn’t sure if he was spending more time with his family since retiring. 

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Loads of other stuff that made up his mind to stay but the cheers he always got as he made his way over to the west stand with duty stato before the game even when we were going through the bad spell mid season , I think that would have been a push in the right direction.

Fully agree and that’s a point I made over on Facebook when some fans (me included) were unhappy with performances. I made the point we were still clapping the team on and off, still turning up and spending money, still gave Fordy a cheer. I’ve watched a few clubs local to wherever I’ve lived over the years (Castleford Tigers, York City, Leeds Utd) and they have all been very quick to boo their team off or have a drop off in crowds when things weren’t going well. I genuinely didn’t see or hear any of that last season at YCK.

Archived