superb youtube channel

assuming this is a different souths to the one we are familiar with that big mal is playing for in 81? anyone know?

some outstanding stuff on this channel to keep us entertained during the offseason 

let me know if you like it

NZ RugbyLeagueVids - YouTube

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Souths Logan Magpies (or just Souths Brisbane).

I have been watching a lot of the Brisbane League stuff from the 80's recently as I watched the Winfield Cup stuff from NSW back in the day but less from Brisbane... but all those Kangaroo and Maroon legends make it great viewing.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

All the videos on that channel have been stretched from their original 4:3 screen ratio to the modern standard ratio of 16:9, resulting in everyone being about 25% fatter than they should be. I've uploaded 2 images to illustrate this. The first image is a random screen capture from one of the videos. The second is the same image with its width reduced by 25%. I can't watch videos that look like that first image.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Souths Logan Magpies (or just Souths Brisbane).

I have been watching a lot of the Brisbane League stuff from the 80's recently as I watched the Winfield Cup stuff from NSW back in the day but less from Brisbane... but all those Kangaroo and Maroon legends make it great viewing.

Back then they were called Southern Suburbs.

12 hours ago, Stotty said:

All the videos on that channel have been stretched from their original 4:3 screen ratio to the modern standard ratio of 16:9, resulting in everyone being about 25% fatter than they should be. I've uploaded 2 images to illustrate this. The first image is a random screen capture from one of the videos. The second is the same image with its width reduced by 25%. I can't watch videos that look like that first image.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I seem to have the same issue with any photos that are taken of myself 😂

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

I seem to have the same issue with any photos that are taken of myself 😂

I had a check up recently where they measured height and weight to see if I fell into the appropriate healthy range.

Unfortunately it seems that I have lost a lot of height.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Anyone interested in past Brisbane League, an excellent podcast well worth listening to is called Moments in Time.

Series one covers the major moments of each season from 1968 to 1977.

A name you will hear alot in this is former NRL Commission president John Grant who was a top player in Brisbane.

Also mentions a few English players and one who coached Souths, Tom Berry.

The most notable Englishman being the legendary Tommy Bishop at Norths.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/brl-moments-in-time/id1556189050

image-1.jpg?w=1024

On 11/11/2021 at 05:00, graveyard johnny said:

assuming this is a different souths to the one we are familiar with that big mal is playing for in 81? anyone know?

some outstanding stuff on this channel to keep us entertained during the offseason 

let me know if you like it

NZ RugbyLeagueVids - YouTube

This was the great Arthur Beetson's last game.

He had returned to Redcliffe after an illustrious career in Sydney from 1966-80.

He had played in Redcliffe's only premiership win in 1965.

Also Redcliffe's winger is PNG international Lauta Atoi. 

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I think it would be interesting to imagine where the game would be if instead of the Broncos being admitted to the NSWRL there was more of an amalgamation between the Brisbane Rugby League and NSWRL with the strongest BRL clubs joining the NSWRL.

They would have had to drop several NSW clubs in that case, it would have been too unwieldy otherwise.l

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived