Proposed new RFL facility in Manchester

This sounds very interesting and the sort of thing that we should be creating:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/rfl-planning-new-facility-including-900-seat-stand-near-etihad-campus

With a 900 seat stand they must be thinking about hosting games there for various sports, so it's not just a training facility.

It might even reignite the Manchester Rangers idea.

16 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/rfl-planning-new-facility-including-900-seat-stand-near-etihad-campus

With a 900 seat stand they must be thinking about hosting games there for various sports, so it's not just a training facility.

Its love rugby league reporting it so likely to be total hype and nonsense

This would be great to see and it is investment in infrastructure like this that I have been wanting to see for some time. It doesn't say but I presume this is coming from the RLWC funding. Again if so it's great to see it being used for something that will leave a real legacy. 

50 minutes ago, The storm said:

It has been in the planning process for ages but it is primarily an education outlet. an add on to everything else going on at the Etihad campus these days.

Definitely not nonsense. And not to be dedicated ( that question was asked months ago ) to any one club at any level at this stage...........

59 minutes ago, The storm said:

Except that the project dates back to at least 2018 and this is merely the latest update.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

What benefit is there in having a 900 seat venue? That's not a negative comment, I'm curious to know if anyone might have an idea

So local kids/RL comps can be played/watched at 'the Etihad'?

If they are building an education centre - which, I imagine, will bring in revenue - attaching a few hundred seats in front of it won't be all that costly. 

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

The wording is odd, " 900-seat pitch facing stand.....for people to begin developing their `big match` skills. "

It sounds almost like to me that it is some sort of crowd simulator exercise for practising certain skills in front of a grand stand that abuts the pitch.

Now the fact that the stand may be empty when some one is there diffusing bombs or practising their kicking game, etc. etc. may not be the point, it may just to be getting used to exercising certain skills in front of a grandstand. Sort of like simulating the game day experience. Just speculating on the odd wording.

52 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

The wording is odd, " 900-seat pitch facing stand.....for people to begin developing their `big match` skills. "

It sounds almost like to me that it is some sort of crowd simulator exercise for practising certain skills in front of a grand stand that abuts the pitch.

Now the fact that the stand may be empty when some one is there diffusing bombs or practising their kicking game, etc. etc. may not be the point, it may just to be getting used to exercising certain skills in front of a grandstand. Sort of like simulating the game day experience. Just speculating on the odd wording.

Exactly so.

Likewise for  largely local sports / leisure type students to practice  their media skills - commentary , interview techniques etc as well as of course being a training camp within a stadium experience  for ALL levels of the RL rep family.

Council I understand and local college (s) very keen but MMU withdrawal from the campus in favour of concentrating on Oxford Rd  has not helped.

Not sure if planning has gone in yet  but the brochure I saw was really exciting....

On 11/11/2021 at 19:21, Whippet13 said:

In my opinion for what its worth i think it was a mistake by the RFL not to endorse the Manchester Rangers bid. 

44 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Makes me chuckle when people post Salford or Swinton's next move. They obviously have no geographic awareness. The Etihad is only a couple of miles from the Oldham border. On the opposite side of Manny from either Salford or Swinton.

Tbf, its not like Sale is anywhere near Swinton either so you can't blame people for that.

Archived