Ins and Outs for 2022

Futtocks

49 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s easy enough to find out which teams academy a Super League player came through. As far as I’m aware nobody has gone through and totalled up the numbers from each club, but to me it’s obvious Leeds produce more than any other club, there are Leeds academy products scattered across Super League as there are in the Championship.

If its that obvious shouldn't take you long to produce the actual numbers to prove it then should it.

Until you do your about as believable as an MP

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If you think I’m not correct why don’t you disprove it, I’m confident in the statement 

Generally speaking when somebody makes a claim the onus is on them to prove it is valid/correct, opposed to everybody else trying to disprove it. Otherwise we'd live in a world where you can purport spurious claims as facts and unless somebody goes to the effort of providing contrary information, it then becomes truth? 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If you think I’m not correct why don’t you disprove it, I’m confident in the statement 

I don't think your incorrect, I know it, and if you don't believe me then go ahead and prove it 😁

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

In fact, the WF Post Code (Wakefield) produces the most professional players in the game and is vital to the general health of playing stock.

LS Post Codes (Leeds) by comparison produce relatively poor numbers of professional players!

On 19/11/2021 at 19:03, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Wakefield have signed Leeds youngster Corey Hall. Leeds are yet again producing more Super League players than any other club.

Wrong as ever. Wakefield & district provide more SL players than anyone else, FACT. The single biggest club supplier is or certainly was Wigan.

Leeds is population wise the biggest entity in RL yet per capita it produces far less players than Wakefield and district and the Humberside region, both of which have much smaller populations.

Nor do Leeds have a hotbed club like Stanley Rangers or Wigan St Pats. It's much more evenly spread and one of Leeds biggest donor clubs is Hunslet, which in RL terms isn't even in Leeds.

13 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Wrong as ever. Wakefield & district provide more SL players than anyone else, FACT. The single biggest club supplier is or certainly was Wigan.

Leeds is population wise the biggest entity in RL yet per capita it produces far less players than Wakefield and district and the Humberside region, both of which have much smaller populations.

Nor do Leeds have a hotbed club like Stanley Rangers or Wigan St Pats. It's much more evenly spread and one of Leeds biggest donor clubs is Hunslet, which in RL terms isn't even in Leeds.

Per capita comparisons of clubs are a complete nonsense. As you say Leeds don’t have just 1 club that produces Super League players like Wigan st pats or Stanley Rangers, Leeds have a whole host of clubs producing players including Hunslet which most certainly is in Leeds.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Per capita comparisons of clubs are a complete nonsense. As you say Leeds don’t have just 1 club that produces Super League players like Wigan st pats or Stanley Rangers, Leeds have a whole host of clubs producing players including Hunslet which most certainly is in Leeds.

I’m pretty sure the likes on Ince Rose Bridge,St Judes,Orwell St James etc produce plenty of Superleague players,not that it makes much difference,the best academies cast their nets far & wide these days.

Huddersfield:

Ins:

Chris Hill (Warrington),Tui Lolohea (Salford), Theo Fages (St Helens), Nathan Mason (Leigh), Danny Levi (Brisbane) Sebastine Ikahihifo, Ollie Roberts (Salford - Return loans)

Outs:

Aidan Sezer (Leeds Rhinos), Sam Wood (Hull Kingston Rovers), Lee Gaskell (Wakefield Trinity), Kenny Edwards (Castleford Tigers), Darnell McIntosh (Hull FC), James Cunningham (Toulouse Olympique), Joe Wardle (Leigh Centurions), Jacob Beer (Hunslet)

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Well of course Per capita comparisons are nonsesce when they don't suit your narrative, I'll be sure to let you know when you next use them because they do.

Think you'll find Hunslet RL consider themselves a separate entity to Leeds RL. I clearly said in RL terms, but thanks for the nod that Hunslet is a suburb of Leeds, how could I not know.

On 22/11/2021 at 11:30, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Still waiting for you to prove your claim.

I'll give you an easy starter for 10, Saints have ZERO Leeds academy players in their squad, so that's one less club you can provide your evidence for !!!  

21 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Well of course Per capita comparisons are nonsesce when they don't suit your narrative, I'll be sure to let you know when you next use them because they do.

Think you'll find Hunslet RL consider themselves a separate entity to Leeds RL. I clearly said in RL terms, but thanks for the nod that Hunslet is a suburb of Leeds, how could I not know.

I’ve never used one and never will, as I said per capita comparisons are ridiculous and only used to try to make small town/village clubs appear bigger than they are.

As for Hunslet, I’m not sure how anyone can claim it’s not in Leeds, it closer to the centre of Leeds than Headingley. 

Hunslet is an inner-city area in south Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It is 1 mile (1.6 km) southeast of the city centre https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunslet

Lewis Tierney has retired from RL and also made me feel very old at the same time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’ve never used one and never will, as I said per capita comparisons are ridiculous and only used to try to make small town/village clubs appear bigger than they are.

As for Hunslet, I’m not sure how anyone can claim it’s not in Leeds, it closer to the centre of Leeds than Headingley. 

Hunslet is an inner-city area in south Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It is 1 mile (1.6 km) southeast of the city centre https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunslet

South of the River when it suits as well!

12 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

That squad has mid table at best written all over it.

I expect they'll be playing in a different style under the new coach, so who knows?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I expect they'll be playing in a different style under the new coach, so who knows?

Have we got the players though,centre looks a real problem,who will play in the halves with Cust,Powell given the 9 shirt when he was on his way out at the end of last year,just hoping they don’t play Bateman at 13 & play him on an edge,in short the spine looks all over the place.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

That squad has mid table at best written all over it.

Would agree. Very meh for one of the bigger clubs in the game. The team may be greater than the sum of its parts but that is usually something the smaller clubs console themselves with. I would be surprised if it inspired much season ticket uptake as quite clearly they're not going to be competing with St Helens for the title. 

Archived