Ins and Outs for 2022

Futtocks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Salford sign centre Tim Lafai 

That's a good signing. Salford quietly building a decent squad.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Money wasted IMO.

Couldn't get a run in Parramattas reserve grade side in 2021 and was released by round 8,turned out on the bench for a local league teamfor the rest of season and played majority of 2020 in reserve grade.

Was class in his time but that's 3-4+ year ago.

15 hours ago, Davo5 said:

not sure what went wrong with Lafai.  few years ago he looked to be a damn good centre but his form just dropped of a cliff. This is a bit of a Napa type signing, has played well in the past but been awful for a couple of years now.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 02/12/2021 at 16:48, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s a good signing but 1 decent centre does make a strong side. They’ll be a side near the bottom again fighting relegation in 2022.

But they're a city side, thought you'd like them. They'll finish above Toulouse in any case. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

But they're a city side, thought you'd like them. They'll finish above Toulouse in any case. 

Absolutely, Salford have the potential to be a decent club, moving to a tiny amateur football ground to cut costs won’t achieve though.

With a rebrand to Manchester Red Devils, significant investment both on the field and in their marketing department and staying at the AJ Bell Stadium, they could be a club worth having in Super League.

52 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Wakefield have signed Leeds Academy product Thomas Minns. The Super League Player creating juggernaut that is the Leeds Academy rumbles on. 

He's just training with Wakefield at the moment as he hasn't got a club.  May end up elsewhere.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

54 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

He’ll provide good injury cover for a Roosters team that have had a tough couple of seasons with injuries.

With their luck, he'll probably injure himself getting off the plane.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 02/12/2021 at 21:11, WN83 said:

I can’t think of many, if any teams who don’t look a good bit stronger for next season. Maybe it’s off season optimism but I’m looking forward to the start far more than I thought I would be back in October. 

I agree with that. Most teams seem to have recruited well. Even if it's not big names being brought in I think every club can boast at least one or two really astute signings. Fingers crossed for a really competitive season.

• 2 weeks later...

according to reports Blake Austin is "just marking time" with his 1 season contract at Leeds until new NRL team the dolphins offer him a place on their roster - hardly inspirational for the Headingley faithful 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

according to reports Blake Austin is "just marking time" with his 1 season contract at Leeds until new NRL team the dolphins offer him a place on their roster - hardly inspirational for the Headingley faithful 

At every club Austin has played at he's been brilliant in his first season only. So one year is the optimum time period for Leeds to have him. He was MOS material in his first season at Warrington until he was injured. A bit of a one(or two)-trick pony but if Sezer can do the organising then Leeds will go okay. Not convinced they're as good as the pundits seem to believe but I guess we'll see.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Archived