‘A £100m offer could be made next month’

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I find this entire debate irrelevant to be honest and this is my last reply on this. Lets suppose I had wrote the following instead which you say is correct:

Because they are 2 different conferences. They are not 2 divisions in the same conference.

It would have given entirely the wrong meaning to the vast majority on this board and conveyed the opposite of what I intended. Maybe you should also tell the NRL too though as they seem top have it wrong as well:

Welcoming a new team in Brisbane is the first step, and that is expected to happen in 2023. Then a second New Zealand team or perhaps a team in Perth would get us to 18 teams and allow for the formation of two nine-team conferences.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/30/nothing-to-lose-talking-about-conference-revolution/

They do have it wrong, what they were talking about there are divisions.  Then again they were stupid enough to be thinking seriously about putting all the Sydney teams in one division and lumping all the rest into the other so the Sydney teams would all get off lightly in terms of travel and the other teams would do most of that.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

If we have all the teams within a 3hour bus ride of each other in one division, we could then have all the teams that have to get on an aeroplane in the other.

The "National Express" premiership and the "Easy Jet" premiership.

That's clearly biased and unfair though, a level playing field requires that travel should be as equal as possible among the teams.

8 hours ago, Big Picture said:

That's clearly biased and unfair though, a level playing field requires that travel should be as equal as possible among the teams.

its also, quite obviously, a joke.. 

14 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I probably need to work on my punch lines

I think its more that Big Picture could become a limbo dancer with the amount that has gone over his head.. 

Archived