Anfield World Cup games to move to Wigan

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

And the stand facing it is easily the worst I have been in. It makes the legroom at Elland Road seem spacious. At the Australia v NZ game people were literally leaving at half time and others stood by the entries.

Fair point, I’ve been in all 4 stands and only 1 is quality.  Much more cache having an England World Cup game at Anfield than Wigan though.  For the image of the World Cup as an event there’s no comparison.  Can’t be helped though sadly so….🤷‍♂️

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Fair point, I’ve been in all 4 stands and only 1 is quality.  Much more cache having an England World Cup game at Anfield than Wigan though.  For the image of the World Cup as an event there’s no comparison.  Can’t be helped though sadly so….🤷‍♂️

' cache ' 🙄

My guess is if Anfield had never been considered as a venue, but then Liverpool came forward and said " we'd love a game , do our bit for TGG" many on here would be ecstatic and believe the tournament has gained prestige. But that isn't the case and it's disappointing what's happened but not a game changer either way. Good news is they'll be no pre-Qatar England games up against the RL, there aren't any pre Qatar games, the football will stop and the WC starts a week later. So October and most of November will be just RLWC as the International footy.

Archived