North Wales Crusaders to remain in Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay

gogledd

It looks like a good venue. I home they put down roots there.

Might be a potential venue for the Summer Bash, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Damien said:

I thought North Wales was looking to make this their permanent base and that was the rational behind the move. Obviously this is kind of doing that but just a 2 year commitment seems a little strange.

..... 2 years under the current uncertainty post-2022 is a sensible move, committing to any longer until the future position of the structure/funding is known could be considered financial suicide. Also bear in mind it's a Conwy council facility, it may be that 2 years at a time is the most the council would commit to. 

I'm happy about it, great stadium and the atmosphere there is fantastic 👍

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Damien said:

I thought North Wales was looking to make this their permanent base and that was the rational behind the move. Obviously this is kind of doing that but just a 2 year commitment seems a little strange.

How can you make any long term plans when the governing bodies are literally moving the goal posts year to year.

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Its a shame they are leaving Wrexham but as we have seen so many times with others if they werent allowed or able to generate other rev streams in Wrexham what is the point in staying. 

Any serious growth for RL involves a successful Welsh system so lets hope they can generate the shortfall. 

It's been a gallant effort trying to get established in Wrexham, and there's no shame in trying for so long, but at the end of the day we have had to move on to survive.

I live just one mile from Queensway, so didn't mind playing there, but anyone who's been there will tell you it's not really suitable for rugby, apart from having 800 seats facing the pitch (from some considerable distance). At least it was available to give us a base for four years and avoid folding, so it served a purpose for us.

The council in Wrexham are simply not interested, especially since the takeover of the football club by the Hollywood celebrities. Hardly a day goes by without Ryan Reynolds being  mentioned in the local press, often stories which are nothing to do with Wrexham. I know several lifelong Wrexham FC fans who struggle to get tickets for games because people who wouldn't give the club the time of day just 12 months ago are now suddenly season ticket holders. There's no way we would survive while all this hype is going on.

We've got a great chance to grow now in a stadium which is owned by a very supportive council, and has had millions spent on it just to make it an international standard rugby venue. I'm sure most people on here would also agree that by rugby league standards, especially in League 1, two years is effectively long term planning. So in the current climate, it's about as close to a long term future as we can get. 

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

31 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Disappointed that the club appear to have set all their home kick offs for 5.30pm on Saturday evenings. I was hoping to attend a number of games in 2022 but that will limit me to 1 or 2 unfortunately.

I’ve just noticed this myself which will give me great difficulty in attending many games if at all.

18 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

I’ve just noticed this myself which will give me great difficulty in attending many games if at all.

Not very family friendly either, which 3pm Sundays are ideal for.

Maybe it's intended to target the locals who fancy some live sport before a night out.

On 14/11/2021 at 17:59, Whippet13 said:

Disappointed that the club appear to have set all their home kick offs for 5.30pm on Saturday evenings. I was hoping to attend a number of games in 2022 but that will limit me to 1 or 2 unfortunately.

Thats probably going to change. We had to set a day and time for the RFL fixture announcement but I'm informed probably 4 games will be Saturday (probably to accommodate those traveling long distances) but the rest will be Sunday games.

11 hours ago, gogledd said:

Thats probably going to change. We had to set a day and time for the RFL fixture announcement but I'm informed probably 4 games will be Saturday (probably to accommodate those traveling long distances) but the rest will be Sunday games.

Phew! Now, if they shifted the ko to 3.00 pm I could get the train.

On 16/11/2021 at 09:18, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Phew! Now, if they shifted the ko to 3.00 pm I could get the train.

Its likely to be a mixture of 2:30 or 3:00 Sunday kick offs and Saturday games. 

For sure the Cornwall game will be 5:30 on Saturday.

Archived