First match

DavidM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Town0682 said:

The idea is folk can still come to rugby then watch the big PL football match afterwards either in the bar or at home. Think a few we’re staying away in favour of football especially if utd/Liverpool etc were on.

Not a bad idea pal yea it does catch a few out me esp 

The fixtures are a joke . 5 at home out of the first 7 matches . What's wrong with home  away each week . Totally agree with DavidM and Cumbria RL .With the season being an early start we will be playing most of our home games .in the winter months .so there could be a reduction in the crowd numbers  . If it's pouring down,  Rather than standing in shirt sleeves in the summer months . .What is the logic in the way these fixtures have been done .  Would love to hear an explanation from the RFL.    

35 minutes ago, silverfox said:

The fixtures are a joke . 5 at home out of the first 7 matches . What's wrong with home  away each week . Totally agree with DavidM and Cumbria RL .With the season being an early start we will be playing most of our home games .in the winter months .so there could be a reduction in the crowd numbers  . If it's pouring down,  Rather than standing in shirt sleeves in the summer months . .What is the logic in the way these fixtures have been done .  Would love to hear an explanation from the RFL.    

You probably have to wait till they had sobered up🤬then they wouldn’t be able to remember why

2 hours ago, silverfox said:

When have the RFL ever given us a break? We have extra bank Holidays this year and still can't bag a home derby on one.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

13 hours ago, silverfox said:

If you look on the plus side, could be seen as a good chance to get a few early wins and points on the board? 

29 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

If you look on the plus side, could be seen as a good chance to get a few early wins and points on the board? 

We’ll have a fair idea which way our season is going anyway 

38 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Badly I reckon ! Unless we have a couple of aces still to play on the recruitment front.

Hate to say it but I feel this way too ATM. I'm sure CT will know what we need and the club will be working hard on it but still need a bit of quality in key areas.

3 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

Hope it doesn't - last years tradition style kit was great

If they continue the traditional theme ( and why wouldn't they) I'm gonna stick my neck out and guess at a reworked championship winning kit with the red and white diagonal pinstripe!  🤞

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

39 minutes ago, town4me said:

Hate to say it but I feel this way too ATM. I'm sure CT will know what we need and the club will be working hard on it but still need a bit of quality in key areas.

Knowing what we need and being able to get it are 2 completely different things unfortunately. I know we won’t be able to fault our lads for effort but in this league you need a bit more than that.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

8 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Knowing what we need and being able to get it are 2 completely different things unfortunately. I know we won’t be able to fault our lads for effort but in this league you need a bit more than that.

Joey Leilua linked to Fev !

Archived