Next season

Logic

I'm treating the forth coming season as a reset. A new beginning. I want the new team and coach to gel, work together and play for the shirt. As long as we win more than we lose, with entertaining attacking rugby. Oh and we have to beat Rochdale in the law cup. And hopefully beat the Oldham relegation squad from Heywood rd. 

7 hours ago, wayne_r said:

We have taken some of your player but you have taken our old coach - so we are probably even in relegation squad stakes 😀

'Ang on a minute. We didn't 'take' your old coach. You didn't want him. You threw him out. He was sacked last July.

Oh, well. That's your loss (as they say). 

13 hours ago, ArthurO said:

'Ang on a minute. We didn't 'take' your old coach. You didn't want him. You threw him out. He was sacked last July.

Oh, well. That's your loss (as they say). 

And we too your players as you didnt offer them a contract or enough money 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

On 16/11/2021 at 12:55, Mark said:

And we too your players as you didn't offer them a contract or enough money 

Or, look at it another way.   Perhaps our new Coach thinks that those same players you've now taken (inherited) from us don't meet the necessary 'quality' he expects/requires in order for US to gain promotion from League 1 next season ? ? ?

Players and coaches, in my opinion it  has always been a case of the relationship being more important that the actual tactics, clearly Ridyard has joined Oldham because Littler is now your coach and I am sure it will work out well. I don't think any of us can say why players from Oldham have decided to join Swinton it maybe contract money it maybe other factors but all I can say is lets hope our respective teams do well and both make an immediate return to the championship

18 hours ago, AmigoTopping said:

Swinton are in a lot better finanical position than ourselves which will explain the reason why they are poaching our better players

I agree about the financial position, but  better players? Widnes , barrow and ,yes, Waterhead have taken our best players. Not Swinton.  However, the team we are now assembling will compete.

20 hours ago, ArthurO said:

Or, look at it another way.   Perhaps our new Coach thinks that those same players you've now taken (inherited) from us don't meet the necessary 'quality' he expects/requires in order for US to gain promotion from League 1 next season ? ? ?

See you have signed another player that played for us last year, catching us up now 😉

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

14 hours ago, wayne_r said:

"lets hope our respective teams do well and both make an immediate return to the championship".

Yep, can't disagree with that statement.

Trouble is, you've now gone and 'upset' that lot at t'other end of the A627(M). 😀

And as we well know, it doesn't take much to 'upset' them !

8 hours ago, DaveButt said:

And why would it upset us. As long as we have you Howdumbers? around we will always have someone to extract the urine out of.

Extract the urine?????????????????          Oh you mean take the p*ss 🙂  🙂  

Just say what you mean my Hairnet friend .

16 hours ago, DaveButt said:

And why would it upset us. As long as we have you Howdumbers? around we will always have someone to extract the urine out of.

I was 'phishing'.

And it didn't take long before the first 'upset' Hairnet took the bait, did it ?  Dave.  🤣

I see that 5 of your ex-players have joined Waterhead:

Phil Joy, Gareth Owen and Danny Bridge, plus to coaching, Callum Cameron and Brad Jinks.

Keep your eyes on the cup draw for the second round🤭taking place in Feb.

Former Hornet Dale Bloomfield has signed for Thatto.

36 minutes ago, DaveButt said:

Always great to have the craic with you lot. Unfortunately doubt as I will see you for a while as we have moved down to Cornwall now. May just try and make it up for our battle though. Enjoy your season pal.

Your not that pro Rochdale then are you? 😅

Archived