Next season

Logic

1 hour ago, DaveButt said:

Always great to have the craic with you lot. Unfortunately doubt as I will see you for a while as we have moved down to Cornwall now. May just try and make it up for our battle though. Enjoy your season pal.

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Oldham'snew ground will be nearer Cornwall than to Oldham…so you never know!

24 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Haven't a clue mate. Me, personally I didn't miss them. I don't feel they are as big a part of league like they are in union. 

Recently re-watched the Australia game from 86. We won 4 against the head. Flanny playing the old soldier at hooker by not putting his head in and blaming the Ozzies!! Ha ha ha.

9 hours ago, DaveButt said:

.......as we have moved down to Cornwall now.

Did you move to Cornwall to get as far away from Spotland and the Hairnets as possible, Dave ?   Can't say I blame you for doing that. 

Hey, look on the bright side Dave, you can always pop down to Falmouth and support a better side - The Cornish Rebels. They're likely to win more trophies than the Hairnets ever have done. Or will do !  😂

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

28 September 2013😊

Yes, Anita. That result, after 118 years of trying, was the proverbial 'Pinnacle of Achievement' for the Hairnets.  Still, I suppose, it's better than nothing.  😂 😂

P.S. I was there.  We was robbed and I'm not happy.  You were offside at every 'play', and the number of forward passes you got away with,  and don't talk to me about the Ref.

I think 'Robbed' just about sums it up !

Not quite, you must have forgotten how we beat toulouse at their place in the play off final in 2016, the only game they were ‘To-lose’ all season. Yes we have things to celebrate in the current century.

You also must have forgotten the Lancs Cup finals in 1911 (beat roughyheads 12-5) and 1919 ( 22-0 v roughyheads).

To be fair in the next season the result was reversed, Oldham winning 7-0.

But the centenary of our SECOND greatest day in our history will be celebrated next april when we beat a yorkshire team (Hull) in yorkshire (headingly) 10-9 in the challenge cup final. 

What could possibly beat that you ask…….we beat Owdum 5-2 in the QF. I expect we were offside at every play and all our passes were forward that day too. What a referee!

Come on Arthur…we all know we are your second favourite team😊

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

Not quite, you must have forgotten how we beat toulouse at their place in the play off final in 2016, the only game they were ‘To-lose’ all season. Yes we have things to celebrate in the current century.

You also must have forgotten the Lancs Cup finals in 1911 (beat roughyheads 12-5) and 1919 ( 22-0 v roughyheads).

To be fair in the next season the result was reversed, Oldham winning 7-0.

But the centenary of our SECOND greatest day in our history will be celebrated next april when we beat a yorkshire team (Hull) in yorkshire (headingly) 10-9 in the challenge cup final. 

What could possibly beat that you ask…….we beat Owdum 5-2 in the QF. I expect we were offside at every play and all our passes were forward that day too. What a referee!

Come on Arthur…we all know we are your second favourite team😊

Love this Anita, as a Yed through and through I love our A627 rivalry. Were you at the Athletic Grounds last ever game,  I forget the score we scored so many points!!  Seriously though, looking forward to 2022, when we win the Law Cup back and beat you twice in the league. 🙂  🙂   🙂   

2 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Yes I was, well and truly humbled by a better team, Oldham were not always offside, and their passes were not forward….just the better team on the day.

Its great our rivalry returns this year. 

All the best for 22, except when you play us of course 🙂

Archived