Superleague Fixtures

• 2 weeks later...

Out today. Warrington go to Toulouse on 26 Feb, might work best as a ski trip.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Out today. Warrington go to Toulouse on 26 Feb, might work best as a ski trip.

Good for Wire fans, there must be some decent drinking and fighting to be done in Pyrenees ski resorts, as well as on the Costa Brava. 

15 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Wigan away to Toulouse & Catalans on consecutive weeks,could be a great trip in the making.

That is very poor planning imho, assuming not many Wigan fans will be able to get a week off and spend it in France, and that not many will try consecutive weekend away trips to France. This and the decision to play Cats v Toulouse and vice versa on Thursday nights is so typical of the lack of thought of the SL administrators. 

59 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Are flights to Toulouse only available from London? Any other options for travelling that you know of?

Must admit I've only done it once and it wasn't from northern England/UK.

Carcassonne is about 50 miles; Ryanair goes there from Manchester.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

Are flights to Toulouse only available from London? Any other options for travelling that you know of?

It’s frustrating mate, I used to get flights with Jet 2 from Manchester to Toulouse direct but they seem to have stopped now. In the back of my mind, it may have been only part of the year say April-September.

When you search for the time you want there are flights but all involve changing. Done this once before in Frankfurt and never again!

As others have said check what flights there are to any of the other airports, if you are prepared to hire a car.

If I remember rightly you can still go Liverpool - Carcassonne (well worth a visit.) I think Lourdes, Pau and even Lleida in Spain have airports which have cheap flights but obviously you have to get to Toulouse and back! And whether Covid has changed all the options anyway I have no idea. If you have a fortnight around your trip you could have a great adventure. Not often that I envy Wigan fans but a double header of two consecutive away fixtures in France is an exceptional opportunity…if only to stay away from Wigan that bit longer.

In all seriousness I hope as many fans as possible get over for these fixtures. The south of France is incredible, especially around the beautiful Pyrenees, the opportunity to watch Rugby League and combine with seeing this part of the world is a dream IMO.

Looking at the Saints home fixtures it seems they will be kicking off at 8pm for their Thursday/Friday night matches, and not 7.45pm. I can see some games reaching 10pm with all the needles stoppages we have nowadays. If it goes into golden point people will then be worrying about getting their last bus or train home. 

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

Looking at the Saints home fixtures it seems they will be kicking off at 8pm for their Thursday/Friday night matches, and not 7.45pm. I can see some games reaching 10pm with all the needles stoppages we have nowadays. If it goes into golden point people will then be worrying about getting their last bus or train home. 

It seems an odd change, as we specifically moved to 7.45pm a couple of years ago to make it slightly more family friendly and make sure the games finished a touch earlier.

Archived