RFL Fan Survey

Chris22

It goes fine for the first bit and then it gets into some absolute rubbish that really annoyed me.

Firstly this one -

51. To what extent do you agree with the following guiding principles?

1. The world is changing – and the rate of change is accelerating.  Our relevance as a sport is earned – not owed

2. Focus on our players – everything should centre on them 

3. Make the big – bigger 

4. Our Broadcast and Digital offerings must be engaging – to fans and as commercially attractive as possible 

5. Our commercial growth can be maximised - together 

6. Diversity and Inclusion grows the sport 

7. Our positive social impact makes a real difference 

8. England RL and International RL transforms the sport and England needs to lead in the Northern Hemisphere for the good of rugby league

9. Our grassroots underpin everything

10. Governance, protecting and growing the game is the governing body’s purpose

Strongly Agree
Agree
Neither Agree nor Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

A ten-long list of statements, many infused with distinct BS-speak, all of which I have slightly different feelings around. But summed into a five-option multiple choice of which frankly the bottom two are all but worthless because I'd like to meet someone who could say they could honestly respond "strongly disagree" or even "disagree".

As @Ray Cashmeresays this is very loaded - an absolute push poll that will enable someone to claim wide public support for the governing body's "guiding principles", all without actually consulting at all. It's is just really irritating, maddening stuff that masquerades as engagement.

Likewise this - I can just visualise Rimmer coming out saying that they've consulted the fans and they have strongly endorsed the new, brave course set by the RFL.

All because, strangely, nobody voted that they wanted timidity, selfishness and apathy from the governing body.

52. To what extent do you agree with the following statement?

Our decisions now should be brave, selfless and enthusiastic to alter our course

Strongly Agree
Agree
Neither Agree nor Disagree
Disagree
Strongly Disagree

A lot of questions, especially some regarding the power balance in the game.

If you don't offer your opinions in this survey, you're just moaning on a fan forum. If they ignore the results, nothing changes. If they take your opinions on board, then that's a result. So, what is there to lose?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, M j M said:

It goes fine for the first bit and then it gets into some absolute rubbish that really annoyed me.

Firstly this one -

A ten-long list of statements, many infused with distinct BS-speak, all of which I have slightly different feelings around. But summed into a five-option multiple choice of which frankly the bottom two are all but worthless because I'd like to meet someone who could say they could honestly respond "strongly disagree" or even "disagree".

As @Ray Cashmeresays this is very loaded - an absolute push poll that will enable someone to claim wide public support for the governing body's "guiding principles", all without actually consulting at all. It's is just really irritating, maddening stuff that masquerades as engagement.

Likewise this - I can just visualise Rimmer coming out saying that they've consulted the fans and they have strongly endorsed the new, brave course set by the RFL.

All because, strangely, nobody voted that they wanted timidity, selfishness and apathy from the governing body.

You can skip anything where there isn't an answer that fits your stance. In a few cases, finding that out was a relief.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

You can skip anything where there isn't an answer that fits your stance. In a few cases, finding that out was a relief.

Yes, I replied neither agree nor disagree to both the questions I quoted. And I've responded fully to the rest of it.

But I just hate the way those two questions are framed and how the results are inevitably going to be used. It is a fake form of engagement and consultation designed to give a veneer of public approval to something which has already been decided.

The fans have already given their opinions.

Seems to have stirred a response.

Once again the governing body is reactive instead of being proactive.

There is as much engagement between clubs and their supporters as there is interest for those outside of Super League from the so-called Top 4 club owners.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/there-is-no-silver-bullet-fan-expert-on-eddie-hearn-constant-innovation-rl-foundations/

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I wonder if they are seriously considering Beach Rugby League.

Guess its Scarborough, Bridlington or Blackpool if they do.

I'd love to see some of the ex-pros play beach rugby league on TV!

I think the masters circuit is not only a great way to keep players involved in the sport, but another branch of fan interest that we miss out on.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just fill the bloody thing in.

Stop the paralysis by analysis and second-guessing attempts. Miss out anything you don't feel you want to answer. Make sure you put something in where there are comment fields. If there is anything you want to say that is not covered (eg beefing up Sky's build-up coverage etc, Super League show timings, ..) send your comments to the email address provided for that purpose at the end of the survey. 

If you think you can do better, set up and publish your own survey.

26 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I'd love to see some of the ex-pros play beach rugby league on TV!

I think the masters circuit is not only a great way to keep players involved in the sport, but another branch of fan interest that we miss out on.

Playing on sand is more knackering than on grass. Some of those old-timers may not appreciate your suggestion.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

If you think you can do better, set up and publish your own survey.

I love it when people moan on a forum about people moaning on a forum.

"You're not doing the moaning right."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A lot of questions, especially some regarding the power balance in the game.

If you don't offer your opinions in this survey, you're just moaning on a fan forum. If they ignore the results, nothing changes. If they take your opinions on board, then that's a result. So, what is there to lose?

Agree with you. But as mentioned, question 51 was a total mess. Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they attached an unpopular bill to the "free toys for orphans" bill in order for it to get passed in congress. 

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Agree with you. But as mentioned, question 51 was a total mess. Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they attached an unpopular bill to the "free toys for orphans" bill in order for it to get passed in congress. 

What a miserable bloody attitude flaunted  on here. It's a survey, ffs, not an opportunity for yet another gratuitous attack on the games administrators.

Instead of whining on here, whine to the RFL, SL,  etc.

I agree though that there is one question that could be added.

"Rugby league has the most negative followers of any sport in the entire universe."  Strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree?

30 minutes ago, JohnM said:

What a miserable bloody attitude flaunted  on here. It's a survey, ffs, not an opportunity for yet another gratuitous attack on the games administrators.

Instead of whining on here, whine to the RFL, SL,  etc.

I agree though that there is one question that could be added.

"Rugby league has the most negative followers of any sport in the entire universe."  Strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree?

He's quite correct in his point though.

This is a thread about the survey and he has stuck to the thread and discussed the survey. Unlike you who seems more intent on moaning about others and attacking other posters.

Archived