Lam confirmed at Leigh

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It really is a bit mad and a but funny 

For all the world his last few interviews reeked of an Aussie with half his mind already on the plane back to Bondi

Weird he's staying in Wigan

It’s hilarious. Lam at Leigh. 

3 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Adrian Lam is also assistant coach to Australia's Mal Meninga, you don't get that position by being not very good at your job. "Lammy is a Leyther, Lammy is a Leyther, NA NA NA NA... Leigh !, NA NA NA NA Leigh !" 😀

The boys are back in town…👍👍

Joel Tomkins has decided to retire now instead of joining Leigh:

Ex-England dual-code international Joel Tomkins has ended his playing career and will no longer join Leigh Centurions for the 2022 season.

The 34-year-old leaves the game having helped Catalans Dragons to their maiden Super League Grand Final appearance.

Tomkins won every honour with Wigan and also played for Catalans and Hull KR as well as having a stint in union with Saracens, when he won England caps.

"I thank Leigh for their understanding of my situation," Tomkins said.

"Professional rugby has been a priority in my life for the last 17 years and now, at 34, it feels right to retire.

"It has been a great way to earn a living and I have some great memories and have made some great friends at the few different clubs I have represented over the years.

"I wish them every success for the future. I wanted to do the right thing by the club, and they respect that."

Joel Tomkins: Former England back-rower retires and will not join Leigh Centurions - BBC Sport

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Joel Tomkins has decided to retire now instead of joining Leigh:

Ex-England dual-code international Joel Tomkins has ended his playing career and will no longer join Leigh Centurions for the 2022 season.

The 34-year-old leaves the game having helped Catalans Dragons to their maiden Super League Grand Final appearance.

Tomkins won every honour with Wigan and also played for Catalans and Hull KR as well as having a stint in union with Saracens, when he won England caps.

"I thank Leigh for their understanding of my situation," Tomkins said.

"Professional rugby has been a priority in my life for the last 17 years and now, at 34, it feels right to retire.

"It has been a great way to earn a living and I have some great memories and have made some great friends at the few different clubs I have represented over the years.

"I wish them every success for the future. I wanted to do the right thing by the club, and they respect that."

Joel Tomkins: Former England back-rower retires and will not join Leigh Centurions - BBC Sport

That was known a month ago

Archived