Cricket - Matches & General Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I've seen him live at the Edinburgh festival - very funny.

He should do one for the half-time RLWC interviews.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

I've seen him live at the Edinburgh festival - very funny.

He should do one for the half-time RLWC interviews.

I follow him on Twitter - I think this is the first non-political video of his I've seen.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Then cometh the honorary Man of Cumberland!

How has Ben Stokes managed to be part of every single memorable moment in English cricket, good and bad, of the past six years?

Excellent win from England. Very happy.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

After a couple of seasons of 'building' with Minor League Cricket, the launch of Major League Cricket finally nears:

https://www.majorleaguecricket.com/news/major-league-cricket-set-for-history-making-launch-in-2023/

The next T20 World Cup is a joint USA/Windies tournament.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

What is the point of having a B team play three ODIs against Australia this week? Most of the world cup winning squad have been rested, and most of the test squad are in Dubai getting ready to play Pakistan.

3 hours ago, JonM said:

To answer my own question it seems to be a leftover contractual obligation from Covid, hence England not really bothering.

The vast banks of empty seats show that the Australians seem to have the measure of what this series means.

• Like 1

2023 Domestic Cricket Fixtures out this time next week.

ECB e-mail

The 2023 Vitality Blast kicks off in spectacular style with a double header at Edgbaston on Saturday 20th May. Birmingham Bears will start their campaign against Yorkshire Vikings and Derbyshire Falcons will start theirs against Lancashire Lightning

....As if that wasn't enough, today marks one week to go until domestic fixture announcement. Mark it in your calendars now!

Derbyshire giving up home ddvantage I see.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

18 hours ago, gingerjon said:

If this is actual real money, then the ECB would be absolutely mad not to accept.

Bild

Allen-stanford-judgement--001.jpg?width=

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Allen-stanford-judgement--001.jpg?width=

Noted but, seriously, if the money is real then take it and just give PE the control.

6 hours ago, phiggins said:

Livingstone in the test team, seemingly as a second spinner primarily 

And to bat number 8 by the list I saw . Interesting bowling line up with two English style seamers , Stokes with his dodgy knee and Leach who’s hardly bowled .

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

And to bat number 8 by the list I saw . Interesting bowling line up with two English style seamers , Stokes with his dodgy knee and Leach who’s hardly bowled .

It's a strange selection. His bowling is at a level where you might get 4 overs from him in a t20, but not often. And he's playing as the second spinner in a 5 man attack (where the third seamer is the all rounder). Not sure how they think they'll get 20 wickets.

Parkinson should be playing if they think they need two spinners and they don't want to pick Rehan Ahmed