Cricket - Matches & General Discussion Thread

4 from the last ball. Super over to decide.

• Like 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

America make 18 in  their over that included 3 wides. This will be interesting.

• Like 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Flukey 4 but they all count 9 needed from 2

Posted (edited)

USA win 

Anyone interested in a Major League Cricket (yes there is such a competiton) tipping competition let me know 😀

Edited by Irish Saint

Pakistan remind me of the old Netherlands football team. Brilliant but end up arguing and bitching at each other.

11 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Pakistan remind me of the old Netherlands football team. Brilliant but end up arguing and bitching at each other.

Pakistan, for as long as I've followed cricket, have been a roller-coaster - they can go from world-beaters to a red-nosed, trouser-dropping clown show and back again at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Group blown open by that result with USA, Ireland and Pakistan in a genuine Mexican standoff to go through in second behind India.

Also Pakistan’s epic match up with India has even more riding on it now..

This T20 World Cup sparks into life.

• Like 1

Another great game yesterday this time involving South Africa and Bangladesh.

Their fans took over the stadium on Long Island, but failed narrowly to beat South Africa requiring a 6 off the last ball.

The nature of the pitch and the grass there has led to plenty of interesting low scoring games that have evened things up in the group stage.

In fact on many occasions the duel between bowler and batter has been reminiscent of a test match more than the usual T20 slog fest.

• Like 1