She finished one of her previous matches in this event with a 170 check-out. Not many players even attempt that.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

47 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Anyone following tonight’s darts in the build up to the World Championship next month?

Queen of the Palace, Fallon Sherrock, battling it out for a place in the quarter finals of the latest event.

Possible major breakthrough for women’s darts players.

So the women play against the men , why don't we see this in other sports ?

7 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Are you saying that women’s only sections of sport should be banned?

Should men only ones be banned ? , It's like Lewis Hamilton being big on diversity and opportunity for all in motor racing , does he mean more black people ? , Or does he mean more women ? , You can't pick and choose 

She's good no denying, ironically not the best female player. She hasn't a tour card which means if she doesn't get one this year she'll be relying on invitational alone. Strangely she could win the whole thing and not be on the full circuit next year. Beating Sulivic by the way is no mean feat. She's done it twice in majors now.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

8 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

She's good no denying, ironically not the best female player. She hasn't a tour card which means if she doesn't get one this year she'll be relying on invitational alone. Strangely she could win the whole thing and not be on the full circuit next year. Beating Sulivic by the way is no mean feat. She's done it twice in majors now.

She has actually just recently overtaken Lisa Ashton as the highest ranked female player.

I'm also under the impression that were she to win this tournament she would actually be eligible for a tourcard. It's based on prize money and the £125k would put her in the top 64. I watched a video from Matthew Edgar where he explained it. Regardless, her recent success is leading to calls for the top female player to be given a tourcard and there seems to be some momentum towards this.

Whilst her scoring is good (her best average is about 101), this isn't enough to put her with the top top players. What impresses me most is her composure under pressure, shes seems to do checkouts or hit doubles when she really needs to, as proved by her 170.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

She finished one of her previous matches in this event with a 170 check-out. Not many players even attempt that.

To be fair, she had no choice. Her opponent was already on a much lower finish and would have stood a good chance of finishing had she missed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Anyone following tonight’s darts in the build up to the World Championship next month?

Queen of the Palace, Fallon Sherrock, battling it out for a place in the quarter finals of the latest event.

Possible major breakthrough for women’s darts players.

I watch the darts.

Michael Van Gerwen is my favourite. I liked him before he was winning all the time and have followed him since he joined the PDC. 

Fallon did really well last night.

Do you like the St Helens lads? I saw Bully boy at one of the games recently? 

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I think she has a good chance of beating ex World Champion Peter Wright in the quarter final on Saturday.

It just depends on who turns up. Wright looked unstoppable at the World Matchplay but his form has definitely dipped. He beat Jose de Sousa last night but was really quite erratic. I think his average was 4/5 less than de Sousa's.

The quarters are first to 16 which is a long time to have to be better than somebody for. One of the things that annoys me about darts a bit is the way they up the number of legs (a bit like snooker). Surely first is 10 is plenty enough time to see who is best, without needing up to 31 legs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Niels said:

I watch the darts.

Michael Van Gerwen is my favourite. I liked him before he was winning all the time and have followed him since he joined the PDC. 

I really fancy MVG for this tournament, he's starting to look like he's hitting some serious form. I really enjoyed his match vs Anderson last night, it was quick and high scoring.

You obviously can't rule out Price despite not playing well. I'm not a big fan of his; not even the fact that he once played RL is enough to make me root for him. However, I find the constant booing has gone way too far and his clear irritation/hurt only fuels it more. His best bet would be to embrace it IMO, and try to set himself up as the bad guy.

I like Smith a lot, he's quick and talented and is the name sake of my local darts shop (Bully darts in Runcorn).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niels said:

I watch the darts.

Yes, I usually try and support them where possible and I remember you saying you liked MVG who is phenomenal.

Sometimes I bet on a winner pre-tournament to add more interest.

I must admit I focus mainly on the World Championship (I have backed Gary Anderson each way so far at 40/1, but might have another) and had a few years without Sky so lost access to the best players that way.  I keep meaning to watch more of the other events.

There is something fantastic about darts when the momentum in a match shifts from player to player.

20 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

She has actually just recently overtaken Lisa Ashton as the highest ranked female player.

I'm also under the impression that were she to win this tournament she would actually be eligible for a tourcard. It's based on prize money and the £125k would put her in the top 64. I watched a video from Matthew Edgar where he explained it. Regardless, her recent success is leading to calls for the top female player to be given a tourcard and there seems to be some momentum towards this.

Whilst her scoring is good (her best average is about 101), this isn't enough to put her with the top top players. What impresses me most is her composure under pressure, shes seems to do checkouts or hit doubles when she really needs to, as proved by her 170.

Not too sure. Edgar's bids are pretty good. She may have more prize money than Ashton but Ashton got the card, however Ashton has to requalify. The women's game us strong. People forget that Suzuki was a dart or so away from being the first female to beat a male onstage. 

16 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, I usually try and support them where possible and I remember you saying you liked MVG who is phenomenal.

Sometimes I bet on a winner pre-tournament to add more interest.

I must admit I focus mainly on the World Championship (I have backed Gary Anderson each way so far at 40/1, but might have another) and had a few years without Sky so lost access to the best players that way.  I keep meaning to watch more of the other events.

There is something fantastic about darts when the momentum in a match shifts from player to player.

Get on Jonny Clayton for the World's.

• Like 1