2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Johnny Ferrett and Bully Boy Smith was an all time epic . I was pleased for Smith, I hope he goes on playing to that standard . If he wins he’ll be doing it the hard way . I’m an Anderson fan personally but his form isn’t anything like peak Flying  Scotsman , although he usually finds a way at Ally Pally . If not him then I’d love Merv the King King to do it . I do like Merv and all his facial gestures . A word for Callan The Riot Rydz . He might have the worst haircut but he’s playing some of the best darts.

🤣🤣 it's not just me who comments on his terrible hair. You'd think he was going bald and covering it up!

55 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

🤣🤣 it's not just me who comments on his terrible hair. You'd think he was going bald and covering it up!

is he a relation of arthur scargill?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, Jeff Stein said:

In case anyone is sick of three figure averages, I see the BDO has resurrected itself and their world championship begins tomorrow. Have to say I recognise more of the names in the ladies' competition than the men's.

is it on bbc?

43 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

O and sod the WDF version. The Senior World's starts in February. Taylor, Manley, Terry Jenkins, Manley, Lowe, Anderson amongst others. Shud be cracking

what channel is that on?

7 hours ago, Jeff Stein said:

In case anyone is sick of three figure averages, I see the BDO has resurrected itself and their world championship begins tomorrow. Have to say I recognise more of the names in the ladies' competition than the men's.

Pretty sure it's been cancelled cos of Covid.

• Like 1

James Wade on now so we can start our sweepstake on how often commentators say James Wade doing what James Wade does … James Wade finds a way …. typical James Wade … these finishes are James Wade specialities … James Wade not stellar average but does the job …and variations on a theme 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Don't know yet tbh. Google it and full list is on the net. Andy Fordham was due to play. Think if ITV got it it'd be worth it. Think the figures would be gud.

I though he had died?

Or is that for the thread people you thought had died but are still alive?

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

James Wade on now so we can start our sweepstake on how often commentators say James Wade doing what James Wade does … James Wade finds a way …. typical James Wade … these finishes are James Wade specialities … James Wade not stellar average but does the job …and variations on a theme 

To be fair he's currently winning 4 sets to nil in a match where he has a lower average and the same checkout percentage.

I'm not sure how that works! 🤣

Gary Anderson rolling back the years to win 5-2 and reach the semi finals.

He’s still got a lot of fighting spirit and of course bags of ‘big moment’ experience.

I put a tenner each way on him a couple of months ago at 40/1 - stand to get £200 if he reaches the final and a further £400 if he wins it.

Edit: I guess that last paragraph will put the mockers on it!  Haha

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Gary Anderson rolling back the years to win 5-2 and reach the semi finals.

He’s still got a lot of fighting spirit and of course bags of ‘big moment’ experience.

I put a tenner each way on him a couple of months ago at 40/1 - stand to get £200 if he reaches the final and a further £400 if he wins it.

Edit: I guess that last paragraph will put the mockers on it!  Haha

40-1? They're crazy odds.

Anderson v Humphries is a classic example of how the sets format can give skewed score lines. On the face of it 5-2 looks like a comprehensive victory but in actual fact Anderson only won 1 more leg than Humphries (16-15).

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally