These are definites:

Price

Wright

Van Gerwen

Wade

Anderson

Smith

Clayton

The other 3 slots are more up for debate. Based on the last year I would go for:

Cross

De Sousa

Van den Bergh

I suspect that they wanted to go for Sharrock and they still might but after the worlds it seems a bit less plausible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Apparently these come out today?

These are definites:

Price

Wright

Van Gerwen

Wade

Anderson

Smith

Clayton

The other 3 slots are more up for debate. Based on the last year I would go for:

Cross

De Sousa

Van den Bergh

I suspect that they wanted to go for Sharrock and they still might but after the worlds it seems a bit less plausible.

Cross won a major to and is back on form so he should be in . Dancing Dmitri and De Sousa are the two highest ranking players so I agree they should be in and you’ve got all the best players on merit .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Who wins tonight and why?

Wright because he's playing at such a consistently high level. Smith certainly has the ability but he's shown glimpses that the pressure can get to him and tonight is ultimate pressure.

I predict 7-5 to Wright.

Edited by Maximus Decimus
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Who wins tonight and why?

Wright. 

He beat a fast thrower who was heading towards a victory ground it out and won. 24 180s yesterday. Former winner. Plus it's a longer format which tends not to suit faster, rhythm players.

Im a traditionalist in a way. I like former winners to win unless the winner has been the form player if that makes sense. (Kirk Shepherd got to the final in the 00s and didn't hit a 90 average).

However if Smith wins he fully deserves it the way he's played. Now it my first time out in 10 days and hopefully I'll get a few throws in.

• Like 2

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

I’d like bully boy to win but he’s got a big mental hurdle to get over , and tbh I just feel snakebite is rock solid , handles big occasions really well and is playing ultra consistent darts . I feel the best two players are in the final . Unfortunately another poor start cost Anderson dearly , and Wade was always second best despite stuart pyke’s admirable efforts to talk him up . I’m pleased it’s a final without MVG and Price as well 

• Like 2

On 02/01/2022 at 08:58, Maximus Decimus said:

I'd love to see a proper cricket darts tournament. They play it a lot in the US and Japan and it's probably my favourite game to play.

Might not work as well with 100+ average players.

Yeah would love that.

And Round the World. They'd obviously have to do doubles and trebles too!

Should do DartsAid and make it for charity.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Wright because he's playing at such a consistently high level. Smith certainly has the ability but he's shown glimpses that the pressure can get to him and tonight is ultimate pressure.

I predict 7-5 to Wright.

Part and Mardle have obviously been reading this thread.

9 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

You mean the young lad who was as green as a green thing? Yes, that one.

I watched an interview once where he made out like he was playing the clown and didn't consider he would lose until it was too late.

Spose it's better than saying you bottled it. It was very winnable too, Part's final average was the lowest PDC one I think.