2 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Back from the dead. Wright takes the crown. Well deserved.

Talk about stepping up when it mattered. 1 dart from 6-4 down and then was just flawless.

Gutted for Bully, thought it was his night at one point.

I always thought Wright was gonna win for some reason . He just has that rock solid demeanour nowadays imbued with confidence , whereas I always feel Bully Boy can get a bit flaky . It wasn’t much but it was enough when it mattered . It wasn’t a vintage final but it was a very good tournament . I’m bemused why people in the crowd feel the need to whistle on out shots , it really is $hit antics , but I don’t feel the crowd have endeared themselves much in this tournament generally 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

. I’m bemused why people in the crowd feel the need to whistle on out shots , it really is $hit antics , but I don’t feel the crowd have endeared themselves much in this tournament generally 

i always used to fancy an evening at the Darts over Xmas. After this years crowd.. id rather watch it at home on TV instead. To be fair COVID and being one step closer to an old fart may also be factors

18 hours ago, Derwent said:

As Eric Bristow used to say - 180s are for show but doubles win the dough.

didnt he used to say "while i nip out for a fag- bring another pint of lager and an extra nann bread to mop this vindaloo up" quite a lot as well?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

23 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Odds are out via oddschecker for next year's world champs. Rydz at 50/1, Wright 5/1, Searle at 40s. Might have an early dabble.

Took a quick look at Van Gerwen, he's got to come good again but only 5-1. Hempel 100-1 might be good... I actually made a few bob on the worlds this year. Increased my initial investment by 500%.

Turned a tenner into £60.

It's Q school next week. It makes me think of the level of pressure that some players must be under just to retain a card (Matt Edgar being one).

I also admire the odd person who turns up with a <50 average just for the fun. 

On 07/01/2022 at 21:32, Maximus Decimus said:

Took a quick look at Van Gerwen, he's got to come good again but only 5-1. Hempel 100-1 might be good... I actually made a few bob on the worlds this year. Increased my initial investment by 500%.

Turned a tenner into £60.

Well done! That is a good return. 

I agree with you, Van Gerwen had the best overall average in the year. He misses too many doubles now but it seems to be psychological as he hits them on the big finishes when he hasn't time to think.

Hempel showed against VandenBergh he can hit doubles when on form. 

28 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Didnt even know it started. More interested in q school and the seniors. Of which there are three comps this year now.

eurosport apparently 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

First day of Q-school today which I didn't realise, I thought it started tomorrow!

Sherrock must wonder when her luck is going to start. She lost her first match (which isn't really too big a problem on day one) but with a 90 average. There were people going through with averages in the 50s in that round. In the Euro version a guy even won a match with a 33 average! I would fancy my chances against that even accounting for the nerves that it would bring.

There are a couple I am following from Youtube, one being the Darts Referee Jack Langston who lost his first match with a 55 average but won a leg which was all he was really after. He actually has ended the day with a 100% checkout record! Another was a guy who is doing a 10,000 hours experiment called Ronnie Rickner. He is currently 1,000 hours in and had a disappointing day losing with a 70 average. 

Wednesday is when the serious stuff starts.

13 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

First day of Q-school today which I didn't realise, I thought it started tomorrow!

Sherrock must wonder when her luck is going to start. She lost her first match (which isn't really too big a problem on day one) but with a 90 average. There were people going through with averages in the 50s in that round. In the Euro version a guy even won a match with a 33 average! I would fancy my chances against that even accounting for the nerves that it would bring.

There are a couple I am following from Youtube, one being the Darts Referee Jack Langston who lost his first match with a 55 average but won a leg which was all he was really after. He actually has ended the day with a 100% checkout record! Another was a guy who is doing a 10,000 hours experiment called Ronnie Rickner. He is currently 1,000 hours in and had a disappointing day losing with a 70 average. 

Wednesday is when the serious stuff starts.

You couldn't write it, Jack and Ronnie have drawn each other today in the round of 512.

• 1 month later...

UK Open has been going on this weekend and I've half followed it until today. The semi-finals have thrown up 4 players who have never won a major (Smith, Barry, O'Connor and Noppert).

I'm rooting for Smith to finally shake the monkey off his back and win a TV title. Who knows though!

It's on ITV4 is anybody doesn't know and wants to watch.