2 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Bunting's 44 missed doubles lost it for him!!!!

As someone who loves stats, I don't see how it didn't drag his average down from 97! His first 9 average must have been awesome.

His first 9 was over 109 compared to only 100 for Smith.

Edited by Maximus Decimus

Stick my neck out here. 

A cool and calm Dimi to get the better of the occasionally underperforming MvG. 

Smith is often inconsistent, but rarely twice in row, so this could be curtains for Clemens. 

... But my prediction of Dimi v Smith should guarantee a Dutch / German final!!!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Stick my neck out here. 

A cool and calm Dimi to get the better of the occasionally underperforming MvG. 

Smith is often inconsistent, but rarely twice in row, so this could be curtains for Clemens. 

... But my prediction of Dimi v Smith should guarantee a Dutch / German final!!!!

I'm going the opposite to a point.

I think MVG is unstoppable in this tournament, I predict he wins the final by multiple sets. Not only has he eased through this tournament, he has the highest average of any player this year by some way. He also has an amazing record against Dimi; I used to like him but he's become a bit full of himself especially after his Anthony Joshua moment yesterday.

I was really impressed by Clemens last night, and not so impressed by Smith. Smith's game is built on how easy he can hit the 180s, but it just isn't happening this tournament so far. Clemens on the other hand, wasn't overawed by the occasion or put off by the shenanigans. They had record viewing-figures in Germany yesterday but he played his best game rather than bottling it, that is certainly a good quality to have. He also kept it up across the game; the one question mark was where he was having a bit of double trouble at crucial points. Smith would be able to punish him whereas Price wasn't able.

I predict for tonight we'll see MVG win 6-2 and Smith 6-4. 

38 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I'm going the opposite to a point.

I think MVG is unstoppable in this tournament, I predict he wins the final by multiple sets. Not only has he eased through this tournament, he has the highest average of any player this year by some way. He also has an amazing record against Dimi; I used to like him but he's become a bit full of himself especially after his Anthony Joshua moment yesterday.

I was really impressed by Clemens last night, and not so impressed by Smith. Smith's game is built on how easy he can hit the 180s, but it just isn't happening this tournament so far. Clemens on the other hand, wasn't overawed by the occasion or put off by the shenanigans. They had record viewing-figures in Germany yesterday but he played his best game rather than bottling it, that is certainly a good quality to have. He also kept it up across the game; the one question mark was where he was having a bit of double trouble at crucial points. Smith would be able to punish him whereas Price wasn't able.

I predict for tonight we'll see MVG win 6-2 and Smith 6-4. 

I suspect you're spot on and if I had an ounce of sense I'd have said the same myself, but I'm always heart over head, often to the point of idiocy. 

I agree about Dimi. When he first burst on the scene he was a breath of fresh air, but nowadays how he presents himself comes across as being contrived.

MVG has been awesome this year and particularly at the Ally Pally, but he does have the occasional wobble!

22 hours ago, Derwent said:

Lovely to see Price get hammered. 

Agreed . He fuelled all this stuff with the crowd and fed off it , and can’t now moan about it . Hard luck , try not being such a dislikeable individual 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I agree about Dimi. When he first burst on the scene he was a breath of fresh air, but nowadays how he presents himself comes across as being contrived.

Pain in the arris with all this over serious cod psychology stuff . I mean really , he’s throwing a dart for goodness sake . I think it’s MVG ‘s to lose if he keeps anything like this level  . 

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Pain in the arris with all this over serious cod psychology stuff . I mean really , he’s throwing a dart for goodness sake . I think it’s MVG ‘s to lose if he keeps anything like this level  . 

Tbf Smith does the same, but he's the local lad so I let it go!

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

I suspect you're spot on and if I had an ounce of sense I'd have said the same myself, but I'm always heart over head, often to the point of idiocy. 

MVG has been awesome this year and particularly at the Ally Pally, but he does have the occasional wobble!

My thought about Dimi is usually about how long he can keep the dance going for. It's one of those things he can't just stop but then does he do it when he's 50, does he trial a new dance at some point?

12 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Smith started like a house on fire here.

... as did MvG, who also finished like a house, and in between set the whole block aflame. Stunning. 

Dimi wasn't too shabby either, but he was absolutely outgunned.

For tonight I'll stupidly go for heart over head and back Bullyboy. To win he needs the first set and probably the second, which could get the demons going in the Dutchman's head.

5 hours ago, Number 16 said:

... as did MvG, who also finished like a house, and in between set the whole block aflame. Stunning. 

Dimi wasn't too shabby either, but he was absolutely outgunned.

For tonight I'll stupidly go for heart over head and back Bullyboy. To win he needs the first set and probably the second, which could get the demons going in the Dutchman's head.

Yeh I think it's key for him to start well. MVG looked so comfortable last night, it was almost like he couldn't miss at times.

That 128 average set was just something else.

As some may know a big darts fan. Never missed a final since Barney Taylor. No sky sports so went into the local after seein four legs all championships, saw THE LEG. Managed to get a stream at home. I only Luke new winners if they were the best player of the comp. Smith beat him so fair play. My claim to fame is we were playing widhes, I asked for a pic, his young one

needed the loo my phone played up and alas the future world championship winner went away

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah