2021 WC Fixtures

When the original decision to postpone was made RLWC stated in an e-mail to ticket purchasers

I'm unsure if i'll be able to attend in 2022, what should I do?
We recommend waiting until the 2022 fixture schedule is announced in late 2021 before making your decision. Once the schedule is released a second refund window will open and you will be able to request a refund at that point

Now it appears you acn only request a refund for the Liverpool Quarter Final.

A lot happens in a year and this is bad from RLWC as for if demand is so high as they state, they can stick to their original e-mail of 12th August 2021 as I am sure returned tickets will be snapped up.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

13 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

When the original decision to postpone was made RLWC stated in an e-mail to ticket purchasers

Now it appears you acn only request a refund for the Liverpool Quarter Final.

A lot happens in a year and this is bad from RLWC as for if demand is so high as they state, they can stick to their original e-mail of 12th August 2021 as I am sure returned tickets will be snapped up.

A second refund window will open between Wednesday 24 and Tuesday 30 November 2021. If you can no longer attend a fixture, you can log-in to your RLWC2021 ticket account during this time to request a refund.

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

So which fixtures have changed and where from/ to?

'In the men’s tournament there will be one venue swap with the match between Australia and Fiji on the opening day (October 15) now taking place at Headingley Stadium, Leeds due to a clash with another event in Hull. In return, the MKM Stadium, Hull will now host New Zealand v Jamaica in Group C on October 22 – a fixture that was due to be played in Leeds.

Wigan’s DW Stadium will provide the stage for the double-header which features the second men’s quarter-final as well as England women v Canada women on November 5.

Manchester will create further sporting history by hosting all three tournament finals over a weekend of global Rugby League celebration. Manchester Central in the heart of the city centre will now host the wheelchair final on 18 November. The following day (November 19) the showpiece men's and women's double-header final will take place at Old Trafford, Manchester.'

https://www.rlwc2021.com/article/339/full-schedule-revealed-and-tickets-available-now-for-2022

Good stuff. It is a boring bit of unflashy admin, but think the organisers deserve a lot of credit for keeping 90%+ of the fixtures exactly the same - suggests good contingency planning and relationships with those in charge at the host venues.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

14 hours ago, bird said:

What is the capacity of the Manchester Indoor Arena as compared to Liverpool and the Copper Box?

I believe the Manchester Central Convention Centre can accommodate up to 10000 people for concerts as it is essentially a big flat space. Obviously they won't expect that number and will need to put some temporary stands in for the game but the owners should have experience of doing that for events. It's being played on a Friday evening and is right in the heart of the city next to Deansgate and Oxford Road stations so I intend to get the train in and go to the game, whereas I wasn't planning on going previously. We should certainly be looking at a crowd massively in excess of anything seen before for any Wheelchair RL game.

10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A second refund window will open between Wednesday 24 and Tuesday 30 November 2021. If you can no longer attend a fixture, you can log-in to your RLWC2021 ticket account during this time to request a refund.

Link Please. This is what todays anouncement said (my Bold)

Fans who have already purchased tickets for fixtures that have been changed will be contacted with information on their options from November 24. A dedicated refund window will be available from then until November 30

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/36287/rlwc2021-full-schedule-revealed-and-tickets-available?utm_campaign=650908_ENG_20211119_EML_RLWCSchedule&utm_medium=EML&utm_source=CRM&dm_i=5PCB,DY8S,67EZH,1OGMQ,1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Is the Wigan quarter final still guaranteed to have England playing in it (if they reach QFs) in the same way they were guaranteed to play at Anfield? 

I held off buying QF tickets first time round, as I can't travel north every week. Now I'm tempted, but only if England are guaranteed. 

36 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Is the Wigan quarter final still guaranteed to have England playing in it (if they reach QFs) in the same way they were guaranteed to play at Anfield? 

I held off buying QF tickets first time round, as I can't travel north every week. Now I'm tempted, but only if England are guaranteed. 

I don’t see why it would, England will play a quarter final in either Wigan or Bolton, they are similar sized stadiums a short distance apart, I don’t see why it’d be essential for England to play at one rather than the other.

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

I can't find it written anywhere but I bought tickets for the Anfield game on the basis that it would be the England Q/F assuming they got there. These tickets have now been transferred to Wigan, so that indicates it'll be the England game - I'll be pretty annoyed if it turns out England are playing at a different venue.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Of Co

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

?????

they can qualify as first or second in the group….

first means Liverpool (now Wigan)

second means not Liverpool…

as in any WC of any sport…

1 hour ago, Mathius Hellwege said:

Of Co

?????

they can qualify as first or second in the group….

first means Liverpool (now Wigan)

second means not Liverpool…

as in any WC of any sport…

Not true, at 2017 RLWC the Australia QF had a guaranteed venue of Darwin and NZ guaranteed venue of Wellington, regardless of where both finished in their groups.

It made sense for Anfield as encourages pre sale for fans who want to watch the home nation and allows fans to plan the weekend accordingly.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

14 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Nothing at the LSV?  Farce!

14 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Why is it? There are plenty of games within a stones throw of Leigh

Not sure if I’ve stumbled in to some sort of black hole of sarcasm, but there are three games at LSV, having delivered arguably one of the best crowds in 2013 given it was a midweek game on Bonfire Night and was before Tonga had risen to their current strength. 

34 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not sure if I’ve stumbled in to some sort of black hole of sarcasm, but there are three games at LSV, having delivered arguably one of the best crowds in 2013 given it was a midweek game on Bonfire Night and was before Tonga had risen to their current strength. 

Went to that game and really enjoyed it, got tickets to all 3 WC games there next year.

8 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I can't find it written anywhere but I bought tickets for the Anfield game on the basis that it would be the England Q/F assuming they got there. These tickets have now been transferred to Wigan, so that indicates it'll be the England game - I'll be pretty annoyed if it turns out England are playing at a different venue.

it’s written right here that Wigan will host the Group A winners and Bolton will host the Group A runners up. I know Rugby League have done it differently in past World Cups, but it is standard across sport for the quarter finalists to be unknown before the start of the tournament. If your not happy without the England guarantee I would get a refund and hope you can secure tickets when England’s group finishing position is known (this will be after the opening fixture against Samoa)

40E846CE-A593-4537-B0FB-94E63C4B9AAB.jpeg

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d not looked at the schedule when replying, but it turns out Leigh have 3 games, arguably that’s too many for a Championship club.

Leigh did get 10,500 in 2013, this was not one of the best crowds of the tournament, in fact the tournament average attendance was more than 50% above the Leigh figure.

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’d not looked at the schedule when replying, but it turns out Leigh have 3 games, arguably that’s too many for a Championship club, they did get 10,500 in 2013, this was not one of the tournament.

Yep. Should be at SL clubs like Wakefield or Castleford 😂😂😂

21 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

'In the men’s tournament there will be one venue swap with the match between Australia and Fiji on the opening day (October 15) now taking place at Headingley Stadium, Leeds due to a clash with another event in Hull. In return, the MKM Stadium, Hull will now host New Zealand v Jamaica in Group C on October 22 – a fixture that was due to be played in Leeds.

Wigan’s DW Stadium will provide the stage for the double-header which features the second men’s quarter-final as well as England women v Canada women on November 5.

France vs Greece at Doncaster has had a date and KO time change, from Monday 25 October 2021, 14:30 to Monday 17 October 2021, 19:30.

33 minutes ago, JonM said:

France vs Greece at Doncaster has had a date and KO time change, from Monday 25 October 2021, 14:30 to Monday 17 October 2021, 19:30.

Presumably as no longer half term week.

For selfish reasons, does mean I only need to book one night in Newcastle and only need to book half a day off on the Monday 🙂

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

Archived