2021 WC Fixtures

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

it’s written right here that Wigan will host the Group A winners and Bolton will host the Group A runners up. I know Rugby League have done it differently in past World Cups, but it is standard across sport for the quarter finalists to be unknown before the start of the tournament. If your not happy without the England guarantee I would get a refund and hope you can secure tickets when England’s group finishing position is known (this will be after the opening fixture against Samoa)

40E846CE-A593-4537-B0FB-94E63C4B9AAB.jpeg

Yes I know that, but when I bought the tickets it was explicitly stated that the Anfield game would be the England Quarter Final should they get there, I wouldn't have bought those tickets otherwise. Moving that game, along with the England V Canada women's game implies the same - it is that bit that has not been explicitly stated this time.

If England come 2nd in the group and do not play at Wigan I suspect there will be thousands of fans who, like me, rolled tickets over from Anfield, will be mightily disappointed

Just to add to this, if you do a filter against the England Team on the ticket website, Wigan comes up as a QF venue, so they are still selling this as an England game

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

If England come first, the QFs will likely be: England v PNG at Wigan and Tonga v Samoa at Bolton.
If England come second, then you can reverse England and Samoa. Unless the England QF is guaranteed at Wigan?

Both grounds are so close, we are fishing from the same fanbase. Whichever way the fixtures fall, I would certainly prefer to attend (and probably will attend) the Tonga QF whether England are in it or not.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wa ya talkin bout Willis

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’d not looked at the schedule when replying, but it turns out Leigh have 3 games, arguably that’s too many for a Championship club.

Leigh did get 10,500 in 2013, this was not one of the best crowds of the tournament, in fact the tournament average attendance was more than 50% above the Leigh figure.

As I said here

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I’d not looked at the schedule when replying, but it turns out Leigh have 3 games, arguably that’s too many for a Championship club.

Leigh did get 10,500 in 2013, this was not one of the best crowds of the tournament, in fact the tournament average attendance was more than 50% above the Leigh figure.

I meant in the context of being two smaller nations (Tonga of 2013 was very different to 2017) and not only being midweek but also up against Bonfire Night displays which attract thousands of people in the Leigh area alone, never mind all over the country. 

Archived