Leigh sign Ata Hingano

30 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leigh signing Tongan players, why aren’t they signing players from Leigh?

(Yes this is tongue in cheek to the “why aren’t they signing French players” comments)

I know it's tongue in cheek comments but leigh has two established amateur clubs with long well established junior sections but they are right in the middle of Wigan, Saints and Warrington so even if lots of juniors are good enough to get to pro level they would struggle to sign any of these in numbers. 

18 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I know it's tongue in cheek comments but leigh has two established amateur clubs with long well established junior sections but they are right in the middle of Wigan, Saints and Warrington so even if lots of juniors are good enough to get to pro level they would struggle to sign any of these in numbers. 

He knows 

On 20/11/2021 at 16:15, ELBOWSEYE said:

Having the opportunity to sign lads to play in your academy would have been wonderful, but the powers that be deemed Leigh could not have one even though clubs 7, 10 and 13 miles away can, now tell me how can that be justified?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Having the opportunity to sign lads to play in your academy would have been wonderful, but the powers that be deemed Leigh could not have one even though clubs 7, 10 and 13 miles away can, now tell me how can that be justified?

Simple, because your loud mouthed owner is an idiot.  Happy to help 👍

6 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Simple, because your loud mouthed owner is an idiot.  Happy to help 👍

Is that why we were refused one before Dereck became the owner ? , When it was the highly respected former St Helens Chairman Arthur Thomas ? 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Can’t, every pro club should have an academy and reserve side with no opt out. 

This is one of those signings that could be a stroke of genius, which would probably mean he will get snapped up by a Super League club down the line, or he could be a dud who doesn't settle. Presumably he is a cheap enough signing, hence coming to Leigh in the Championship, so is certainly worth a punt.

Archived