Quality of replica kit

I know they are a one of the smaller companies, but really impressed with the quality of replica kit from 1895 sports. I ordered the home and away London Skolars kit (£42 for a large) from them at the start of last season and was impressed with the heavyweight material/quality of print/stitching etc...

I sponsor a Skolars player, so have just received their match worn shirt & the replica is almost identical - the material/stitching etc is exactly the same. The only difference between the player issue and the match worn is the replica top has a more relaxed fit compared to the semi-fit tighter cut of the players & the match worn has the number on the back.

The 1895 replica shirt is significantly better quality than other replica tops like my Hummel England/GB shirts and football teams.

18 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'd never heard of 1895 Sports before but that London Skolars home jersey is very nice. The away one is good too. Nasdaq is some sponsor to have on board too!:

LondonSkolarsHomeSide.png

That's is a fantastic Rugby League shirt. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'd never heard of 1895 Sports before but that London Skolars home jersey is very nice. The away one is good too. Nasdaq is some sponsor to have on board too!:

LondonSkolarsHomeSide.png

I thought the away kit was very smart too last season.

I think 1895 sports also did the Oldham & North Wales Crusaders last season.

Like the 1895 kit I have. Also impressed by the O'Neills items I've got. Less so by Oxen, shirts seem flimsy for the price but other items good standard. Hummel I shan't buy again.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

27 minutes ago, M j M said:

Shame it's let down by the other two corner shop enterprises sponsoring the breast and sleeves.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren’t the World Gold Council just like Cash Converters for posh folk? 😉

Really nice top and great to see those sorts of sponsors on a RL jersey.

It is a fine line though between having that sort of ‘backing’ and the reality of more cash from a lesser name to help with club running costs.
That said I am pleased to see my club moving from Cash Converters to Home Bargains sponsorship. Not that HB are a marquee sponsor but they are at least local, a growing player in the retail market and NOT Cash Converters or a gambling or alcohol company. Now just to get a replacement for Totally Wicked and Betfred 😂

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I never even noticed that. The shirt is littered with quality sponsors when you look. Well done London Skolars.

Yes it looks good, but given the Skolars financial situation I doubt they contribute any more than whichever local business sponsors Keighley or whoever. 

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes it looks good, but given the Skolars financial situation I doubt they contribute any more than whichever local business sponsors Keighley or whoever. 

Dunno about the financial situation at either London Skolars,or Keighley, but the shirt sponsor for Keighley ain't alcohol,gambling,or cash converting,but probably a Home Bargain for those requiring their service(s)

https://www.linkedin.com/company/acorn-stairlifts-ltd

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, dead man inc said:

I know they are a one of the smaller companies, but really impressed with the quality of replica kit from 1895 sports. I ordered the home and away London Skolars kit (£42 for a large) from them at the start of last season and was impressed with the heavyweight material/quality of print/stitching etc...

I sponsor a Skolars player, so have just received their match worn shirt & the replica is almost identical - the material/stitching etc is exactly the same. The only difference between the player issue and the match worn is the replica top has a more relaxed fit compared to the semi-fit tighter cut of the players & the match worn has the number on the back.

The 1895 replica shirt is significantly better quality than other replica tops like my Hummel England/GB shirts and football teams.

Give it a few washes and see how it is then. Not saying anything bad will happen, but thats always a good indication of some of the quality, how it reacts after a few washes. The obvious one being if any of the prints start to peel, assuming its not all sublimated.

I have a pair of England ISC training shorts that are nearly 10 years old, and they are as good now as they were when i got them. no colour fade to speak of, and all prints as good now as then.

The key to a decent jersey is working with a competent and knowledgable supplier. Also one that is versatile.

I'd guess the similarity of fabric on the Skolars Replica and Team jersey comes down to it being cheaper for the supplier to buy one fabric in bulk rather than two different fabrics in smaller numbers. The only difference being fit, which will be down to a different size chart for each jersey. so just different shape fabric patterns. Finding a good weight fabric that holds a print shouldn't be that hard for any of these smaller sports brands.

If i had the time of resource I'd quite like to do a podcast on team jerseys and apparel. Past and present.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

17 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Give it a few washes and see how it is then. Not saying anything bad will happen, but thats always a good indication of some of the quality, how it reacts after a few washes. The obvious one being if any of the prints start to peel, assuming its not all sublimated.

I have a pair of England ISC training shorts that are nearly 10 years old, and they are as good now as they were when i got them. no colour fade to speak of, and all prints as good now as then.

The key to a decent jersey is working with a competent and knowledgable supplier. Also one that is versatile.

I'd guess the similarity of fabric on the Skolars Replica and Team jersey comes down to it being cheaper for the supplier to buy one fabric in bulk rather than two different fabrics in smaller numbers. The only difference being fit, which will be down to a different size chart for each jersey. so just different shape fabric patterns. Finding a good weight fabric that holds a print shouldn't be that hard for any of these smaller sports brands.

If i had the time of resource I'd quite like to do a podcast on team jerseys and apparel. Past and present.

The replica & the match worn Skolars 1895 sports are exactly the same material/sublimated - it’s just the cut/fit that is different. The replica has been washed plenty of times, the match worn has gone through a season worn by a prop & is still in very good condition.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I never even noticed that. The shirt is littered with quality sponsors when you look. Well done London Skolars.

just gone over the shirt...

Front sponsors: Nasdaq, World Gold Council, Purpose Investments.

Sleeve sponsors: The Royal Mint, EDI group, LINK group.

Back sponsor: hanetf, GINSGLOBAL index funds.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I think Skolars tie in the some of the sponsorship with their HAC business events & therefore the combined income is significantly higher than you might expect - without the corporate support at that level the club would have found it really hard to be financially stable.

I really hope the big corporate names continues to support Skolars especially with the massive drop in central funding, otherwise they might struggle to remain a viable entity in the semi-pro game.

8 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

HANetf is the ETF Investment Platform founded and run by Hector McNeil and so he has clearly done a fantastic job in attracting other financial names to the Skolars brand.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

39 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

Foxy Bingo is not cool enough I see!

Got a couple of NW Crusaders replica shirts from 1895 and they are top notch, well made and more importantly the sizing and fit is exactly as it should be - none of this slim / athletic fit nonsense.

Used to spend a fortune on shirts and off field gear but the poor quality and haphazard fitting from most clubs stuff lately, means it's the odd shirt or hoodie and that's it for me.. 

Archived