Interesting news for wakey's 3 teams

tms

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I think you'll find that you can't actually do a great deal with £2m. Didn't your North Stand, the sort of thing Cas would need, cost over £8m?

£8m was partly for the North Stand, which includes a lot of complexity Cas don’t need around requirements for the Enterprise Hub, but also a sizeable 3-storey office & corporate ents block in the North West corner (which likewise doesn’t need to be a requirement). Also bear in mind because of the greyhound and speedway tracks’ legacy meaning our West and East stands are far from the pitch, even though it’s an ‘end’ stand it’s likely as long as full ‘side’ stand would be. 

spacer.png

I agree you won’t get a full 100m stand for £2m, but you might be able to do it for £3-£3.5m and either borrow the gap (potentially via the local authority at rates they alone can access), or seek 3rd party funding or indeed tenants - perhaps linked to the clubs role in reaching hard-to-reach communities (as I think both Hull KR and Warrington did). Creative thinking required, which was kind of my point in the more wind-up post too. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Fevrob said:

I’ve never had brain doner, just chicken or lamb 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, brain doners sound really offal 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

46 minutes ago, M j M said:

But Wakey's funding isn't just this £2m is it? There's also commitment from the developers who screwed them over.

Yeo Wakey are also getting some funding as a discharge from the Newmarket Fiasco.

There is rumour that Cas are going to get some similar funding from Axiom to discharge the the duty to provide a stadium at Glasshoughton and allow them to build houses on the site rather than the retail development, stadium and country park.

Only a rumour, no idea how true it is.

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Wakey hoping to have their swanky new grandstand open by July 2023. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/wakefield-trinity-belle-vue-stadium-22260883?utm_source=leeds_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=rugby_league_lve_newsletter&utm_medium=email

Commendable target date but if it is open by then I'll change my name by deed poll to Neil Fox.

I can see the attraction of wanting to adopt the name of a true RL legend, but why do you need an excuse? Just do it.

You do know the planning process started 12 months ago and after a few delays the 2 related applications are finally being heard next month.  Both are likely to pass and after another short delay, to allow for the SOS the opportunity to call it in, work should start in February. 77 weeks projected timescale takes us to when?

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/deed-poll-forms

4 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

I can see the attraction of wanting to adopt the name of a true RL legend, but why do you need an excuse? Just do it.

You do know the planning process started 12 months ago and after a few delays the 2 related applications are finally being heard next month.  Both are likely to pass and after another short delay, to allow for the SOS the opportunity to call it in, work should start in February. 77 weeks projected timescale takes us to when?

Damn! How silly of me to forget construction projects always run to their projected timescale.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Damn! How silly of me to forget construction projects always run to their projected timescale.

No contractor worth their salt would devise a programme that was on the button and didn't allow for some slack. Of course there could be delays which are not anticipated, but you have to a a target date for budgeting purposes none the less 

7 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Both are likely to pass and after another short delay, to allow for the SOS the opportunity to call it in...

The SOS statement on the planning portal says the SOS will NOT be opposing/calling in the project - UNLESS there is a LEGAL challenge lodged in court within 6 weeks. 

If there is a LEGAL challenge, the SOS has to review the decision.

On 25/11/2021 at 06:03, Man of Kent said:

Funnily enough they generally do in these kinds of builds. This is not the channel tunnel it’s a strait forward almost off the shelf build. The east stand is of a sort that has been built all over the country for years.

Why you need to rubbish what is a fairly run of the mill project say a lot about you. If you were a big person you’d just admit you were wrong and wish us well, but you won’t do that will you.

15 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Can you two stop trivialising this thread with silly meat puns. There is a lot at steak here

Leave us alone, or you’re for the chop 

On 27/11/2021 at 15:39, Kirmonds pouch said:

Funnily enough they generally do in these kinds of builds. This is not the channel tunnel it’s a strait forward almost off the shelf build. The east stand is of a sort that has been built all over the country for years.

Why you need to rubbish what is a fairly run of the mill project say a lot about you. If you were a big person you’d just admit you were wrong and wish us well, but you won’t do that will you.

From my own experience, I know these things often overrun.

Plough Lane got planning permission in December 2015 and was scheduled to open in August 2018. It actually opened (sort of) in November 2020.

At the old ground, a basic 900-seat stand with no facilities of note opened two months late. 

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

From my own experience, I know these things often overrun.

Plough Lane got planning permission in December 2015 and was scheduled to open in August 2018. It actually opened (sort of) in November 2020.

At the old ground, a basic 900-seat stand with no facilities of note opened two months late. 

Do you really, you do seem to know an awful lot about almost everything. Except you don't, do you. I on the other hand know very little about what goes on in say Kent, but I know an awful lot about what happens in WMDC.

Like you didn't think the funding would ever materialise and being the 'expert' you are not, 2 million of it just arrived today as I predicted, see front page of this very publication!

So why don't you and a few others just keep quiet for a while and just listen to those who do know.

Funding is in place. Planning permission is still a variant but even if it were rejected it would be on minor issues easily rectified. True, this would add time but let's run with the belief that this well researched application(s) will succeed at the the first attempt.

That being the case the East and North stand will be complete for the start of the 2023 season. Parts of it may be in use towards the end of this season, in the form of the lower concourse and the front section of seating.

Apart from planning, the only real concern is Covid and even Trinity can't be blamed for that.

This is a remarkable investment from a local authority in the current climate (or any climate from the last 11 years tbh). I hope the clubs use it very wisely.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 24/11/2021 at 21:45, Man of Kent said:

Wakey hoping to have their swanky new grandstand open by July 2023. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/wakefield-trinity-belle-vue-stadium-22260883?utm_source=leeds_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=rugby_league_lve_newsletter&utm_medium=email

Commendable target date but if it is open by then I'll change my name by deed poll to Neil Fox.

Just to be absolutely clear, if the new east stand is used for spectators for an SL fixture during, or before, the month of July 2023, you will officially change your name via deed poll to Neil Fox?

12 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Confirmed as a grant to each club, and not a loan. 

£2 million is not loose change. Very good news.

The statement does say, a grant of up to £2m each for Castleford Tigers, Wakefield Trinity and Featherstone Rovers.

So it looks as though each club will have to show/prove they can/will spend all of it and not whack a chunk of it in the bank for a rainy day.

:kolobok_clapping::kolobok_good:

£2m each is a lot of money for artist impressions. I’m looking forward to the next few years 😁

9 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Just to be absolutely clear, if the new east stand is used for spectators for an SL fixture during, or before, the month of July 2023, you will officially change your name via deed poll to Neil Fox?

Hmmm. You’ve hedged it there, chief!

Again, from experience, I know these things can be partially open - yet incomplete - by the scheduled date. As, indeed, your question implies 😉

Archived