Things you were into before they became popular

23 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

One of the best ever albums in my opinion. Some superb music there. Walk on the wildside is one iconic track for zillions of reasons. So so were other tracks on that album.

The thought of mick and lou spending tarme in the studierrrr.... always makes me chuckle.

Before Google existed, a good music trivia question used to be: 'What do WOTWS and Grandad by Clive Dunn have in common'?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm old enough to remember the watney's party seven. We bought it. We drank it. We pretended we were all grown up.

It was bloody awful

We used to open them on the coach outside Leigh library at 6/7 am on a Saturday as we set off to watch Utd play away at Norwich or Southampton 😂

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We used to open them on the coach outside Leigh library at 6/7 am on a Saturday as we set off to watch Utd play away at Norwich or Southampton 😂

I was always sent to the shop to buy them cos I looked the oldest. 

A party seven and a packet of condoms so I looked all grown up and adult..... we'd blow em up like balloons

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I was always sent to the shop to buy them cos I looked the oldest. 

A party seven and a packet of condoms so I looked all grown up and adult..... we'd blow em up like balloons

Me n all , I used to get into the bar at the ' Monaco ' ballroom in Hindley , went for the beer before school disco's and from the off licence on the walk down to Old Trafford , all when I was just turned 14 , I was nearly 6 foot tall , in fact the only pub I've ever been refused at was the ' Bird inth hand ' in Hindley town centre at 13 😂

Even a couple of years later I'd get served at the Quinn's Post , a pub in Upper Hutt NZ even though the age limit was 21 at that time there 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Me n all , I used to get into the bar at the ' Monaco ' ballroom in Hindley , went for the beer before school disco's and from the off licence on the walk down to Old Trafford , all when I was just turned 14 , I was nearly 6 foot tall , in fact the only pub I've ever been refused at was the ' Bird inth hand ' in Hindley town centre at 13 😂

Even a couple of years later I'd get served at the Quinn's Post , a pub in Upper Hutt NZ even though the age limit was 21 at that time there 

I remember Cyril, the landlord of the royal Oak in Wombwell when I went in for my 18th.... he went loopy. He'd been serving me well over two years!🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I remember Cyril, the landlord of the royal Oak in Wombwell when I went in for my 18th.... he went loopy. He'd been serving me well over two years!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I did that in the Sportsman , I was 17 and they'd just banned one of my mates for being underage , next time I went in " Steve , are you 18 ? " , " No , I replied , I'm 19 " , Oh , all right then " , then 6 months later , I told them it was my 18th 😂

21 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Can you remember hot gossip on the Kenny Everett show dancing to this? It would never get shown today.

Back then ..... oooo dear me....

Not seen any music videos since then?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Occasionally.... but that was a bit ripe for 1978ish

And very tame for 2021, so why say "It would never get shown today"?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Robin Evans said:

Because I doubt it would. Depicting schoolgirl sex? Never in this whole wide world

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Last century.... there would be a clamour to ban this now

I like making things up and then being angry about them too.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

cb radios- when i was a kid my uncle was an international truck driver - when it was parked up in the yard i would sit in the cab and spend hours going through the channels 10- 4 for a copy etc - a year or 2 later loads of kids had them set up in their bedrooms and it was the in thing 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Genuine headline from today's Telegraph apparently:

How breathing went mainstream — and why it could your life forever.

I refuse to believe breathing is mainstream, I discovered breathing before anyone else and I'm the expert on it here (despite actually having held my breath most of my life and only started breathing a couple of months back). 

On 20/11/2021 at 15:48, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I have to agree with this one, this modern R&B is nothing like the traditional and original rhythm and blues and it does annoy me when young people these days use the term for the generic pop rubbish that gets put out these days. 

Is it not rhythm and blues and now rhythm and bass??

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I refuse to believe breathing is mainstream, I discovered breathing before anyone else and I'm the expert on it here (despite actually having held my breath most of my life and only started breathing a couple of months back). 

I heard you're that tight, you only breathe in. 😛

Archived