Magic Weekend back in Newcastle

3 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Technically the fixtures have been decided on final league positions last season (1v3, 2v4, 3v5, 6v8 etc). It just happens that this methodology has produced the Hull derby and Wigan-Saints.

19 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

FFS. Supposed to be getting married that weekend. I've no idea what I'm gonna tell the missus!

Get married in the ground, beer and hit dogs for lunch, speeches at half time, night do in the concourse....sorted. man I've missed my calling, should have been a wedding planner..

32 minutes ago, dkw said:

Get married in the ground, beer and hit dogs for lunch, speeches at half time, night do in the concourse....sorted. man I've missed my calling, should have been a wedding planner..

Unfortunately it's already been planned. Was supposed to be in 2020, don't think she'll allow me to move the venue after all this.

I'll just have to dump her.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Guess they didnt have the sense to let Cat and Tou to have a third game in france then.  But I suppose it wouldnt be fair in a league structure.  

Should be a few good games despite loop fatigue. 

Sky and Newcastle council are paying for 3 SL games each day.

On 20/11/2021 at 12:38, dkw said:

well... except that you havent planned for any food.. but you do seem to want to spend lunctime randomly being cruel to animals... apart from that wedding planning seems a great idea

On 20/11/2021 at 13:10, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Unfortunately it's already been planned. Was supposed to be in 2020, don't think she'll allow me to move the venue after all this.

I'll just have to dump her.

Theres a quote about it being easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission so just dont turn up and ask for forgiveness and plan it for 2023

1 hour ago, Black Country Wire said:

Based on League position.

The derbies are just a coincidence.

There's no such thing as coincidence. They've chosen a system which simultaneously has some rigour about it whilst also delivering the sort of games they want. 

And i've no real objections to that.

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Considering it was supposed to be in 2020, I think I'm out of extensions!

Its that sort of defeatism that is so Rugby League :kolobok_ph34r: 

(if you had considered it I'd already got this ready too "its this sort of blind optimism and foot shooting that is so Rugby League"... )

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I suppose we were lucky it got cancelled in 2020. That was the original venue for the stag do and I don't have very kind friends so God knows what I'd have been made to wear!

(Not a Rovers shirt though, they aren't that cruel)

My son was given a Wigan shirt to replace the cheerleaders outfit on his Stag do earlier this year in Liverpool 😱

13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

All photographic evidence of the humble shirt has been erased , there is still pictures of the 6 foot 5 cheerleader though 😉

It takes all kinds. 

Archived