Latest NARL masterplan

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

That's a fair climb down on what they originally proposed.

Well tbf it's better than nothing and the retained festival format is feasible and it could work, problem is funding. They don't seem to have much so signing players who are any good so promoting it will be a challenge, plus no mention of TV coverage either. They also claim to cover 6 markets but only list 5 teams, one of which is New York so maybe they are starting up NY City again which is why the Freedom have jumped ship. Real shame they still can't do this in tandem with the USARL though.

28 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Weren't they going to be bigger than super league within 10 years? Fail to see how this benefits the game in North America at all. They should be working With USARL

Well, it is more conservative and realistic than the previous grandiose claims and RL games are (allegedly) being played in a semi-pro tournament so that should benefit the game if it happens.

However, I'm at a loss to understand why they don't run it in cooperation with the (amateur) USARL. Even just from a branding, media and scheduling perspective that must bring benefits to both organisations. 

40 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Weren't they going to be bigger than super league within 10 years? Fail to see how this benefits the game in North America at all. They should be working With USARL

Its a good start and I'm looking forward to catching some games...my wife says she will believe it when she sees it...."Houston to Wolfpack, Houston to Wolfpack...all signs a GO!"

Plenty of disparaging comments here, personally I think it’s good to see people trying to set up a new comp and new teams in a (relatively) new part of the RL world - hope it works out for them and that Covid won’t get in the way this time. 

7 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I'm at a loss to understand why they don't run it in cooperation with the (amateur) USARL. 

Because that's no way to sell jerseys for made up teams.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Plenty of disparaging comments here, personally I think it’s good to see people trying to set up a new comp and new teams in a (relatively) new part of the RL world - hope it works out for them and that Covid won’t get in the way this time. 

Not disparaging comments really, just some realistic views given what happened with their previous effort which was being funded by some very dubious people, plus some humour as well.

They seem to be much more cautious and sensible this time round so hopefully it will work for them and I am sure everyone hopes that is the case.

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Its a good start and I'm looking forward to catching some games...my wife says she will believe it when she sees it...."Houston to Wolfpack, Houston to Wolfpack...all signs a GO!"

I think that TWP previously announce an expanded Canada Cup in May at Lamport so maybe that will be when your local round happens. Personally I would like to see a 2nd Canadian side as the 6th team in it if possible.

32 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Not disparaging comments really, just some realistic views given what happened with their previous effort which was being funded by some very dubious people, plus some humour as well.

They seem to be much more cautious and sensible this time round so hopefully it will work for them and I am sure everyone hopes that is the case.

Who were the dubious people funding it last year? 

26 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Who were the dubious people funding it last year? 

In the end, nobody funded it last year because the money didn't exist.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

In the end, nobody funded it last year because the money didn't exist.

That was the trouble and is certainly why I am more sceptical this time around. What they announced originally was great, it would have been a real game changer. What they neglected to inform everybody is that they had no backers to pay for it and were hoping to get backers on the back of that hype. None appeared and so it crashed.

What they have announced this time around is far more modest but if there still aren't any backers then it still wont work.

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

I think that TWP previously announce an expanded Canada Cup in May at Lamport so maybe that will be when your local round happens. Personally I would like to see a 2nd Canadian side as the 6th team in it if possible.

Think MUCH warmer.

new rise.jpg

10 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

There's a reason they don't work with the USARL. Because that organisation is a complete basket case.

new rise.jpg

5 minutes ago, Pulga said:

There's a reason they don't work with the USARL. Because that organisation is a complete basket case.

Whereas NARL is ...

57 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Hopefully the full governance review the IRL are doing with the USARL will help with that, certainly needs fresh blood in there though.

Archived