Latest NARL masterplan

12 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Weren't they going to be bigger than super league within 10 years? Fail to see how this benefits the game in North America at all. They should be working With USARL

Like how SL work with League One?

I get why you’re saying that, but North America is massive and just because someone was there first doing a mediocre job doesn’t mean people trying to develop the game should have to work with them? I think they did reach out to the USARL anyway, and got told to do one. 

“… will feature teams from six North American markets…”

Is anyone else a bit sick of hearing marketing junk like this in relation to sport? Why couldn’t it have been “featuring six clubs from six cities”. 

Maybe I’m letting the minor things annoy me these days. My take on it, if it’s not established, don’t go treating your “early adopters” (some good marketing speak for those who enjoy it) as a number or a dollar sign. Treat them like valuable and influential partners with a part to play. Don’t pigeon hole them as a “market”.

7 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

“… will feature teams from six North American markets…”

Is anyone else a bit sick of hearing marketing junk like this in relation to sport? Why couldn’t it have been “featuring six clubs from six cities”. 

Maybe I’m letting the minor things annoy me these days. My take on it, if it’s not established, don’t go treating your “early adopters” (some good marketing speak for those who enjoy it) as a number or a dollar sign. Treat them like valuable and influential partners with a part to play. Don’t pigeon hole them as a “market”.

That’s what North Americans do though, it’s a completely different sporting culture. The word franchise in NFL annoys me but that’s how they see it, and how it is, they’re not clubs in the traditional European sense (much like most premier league football teams are now franchises rather than clubs). 

24 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Hopefully the full governance review the IRL are doing with the USARL will help with that, certainly needs fresh blood in there though.

The incompetent global governing body trying to push reform on an incompetent national body so they can work with other incompetent parties to strengthen the game...

new rise.jpg

11 minutes ago, Pulga said:

The incompetent global governing body trying to push reform on an incompetent national body so they can work with other incompetent parties to strengthen the game...

Try to be a little more positive will ya...this is all going to work out in the end...its all going to be Okay.  We are all in this together!

12 minutes ago, Pulga said:

How long do you plan to persist with the Phoenix Venom logo as your profile pic by the way? 😂

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

In the end, nobody funded it last year because the money didn't exist.

Not entirely true, there was funding to begin with and some clubs received money, but it quickly dried up and whoever was putting the money in bailed. It's now becoming a little absurd and a shame people are getting caught up in it again.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

17 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Not entirely true, there was funding to begin with and some clubs received money, but it quickly dried up and whoever was putting the money in bailed. It's now becoming a little absurd and a shame people are getting caught up in it again.

I think we agreed that the funding that was genuine and really there was far, far short of the announced available cash - and, it did seem from how things went from there, that there was a strong element of fake it till you make it about a lot of what happened afterwards.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I think we agreed that the funding that was genuine and really there was far, far short of the announced available cash - and, it did seem from how things went from there, that there was a strong element of fake it till you make it about a lot of what happened afterwards.

We didn't need to agree there was money, there was. What happened after is anyone's guess, my personal one being that they weren't legit investors, never had much intention of funding the league and handed over the initial batch of cash for some other reason. The disappointing thing is that those who've had the wool pulled over their eyes are ploughing on with it and managing to still convince people its going to happen.

3736-mipm.gif

35 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

We didn't need to agree there was money, there was. What happened after is anyone's guess, my personal one being that they weren't legit investors, never had much intention of funding the league and handed over the initial batch of cash for some other reason. The disappointing thing is that those who've had the wool pulled over their eyes are ploughing on with it and managing to still convince people its going to happen.

To be honest, I was the biggest skeptic last time. But now with a far more realistic and conservative approach, I now think this does have a hope of becoming a reality. Obviously I will await more details but if I have understood correctly:

- 6 teams only 

- Established teams only, no fake entities?

- Admitting they are amateur rather than semi-pro (surely they have burnt their bridges in any case, with Eddie Pettybourne and the like)?

If all of the above is accurate, then it will but a far, far cheaper venture than the previous attempt, hence has an actual chance of happening.

Arguably the structure the NARL is looking to launch with in 2022 is closer to what they should have come out with back in 2021.

Whilst we all would have loved to see a 14 team coast-to-coast competition, it was too ambitious and honestly contributed to them failing (among other things).

Of the six teams confirmed for 2022, Atlanta, DC, Cleveland & Toronto all played in 2021 and seem to have the right people involved currently to run a competition even without any solid investment.  The new NYC is a bit of an unknown (although it wouldn't surprise me if some of the old AMNRL aligned individuals are involved) and I guess we'll see who the sixth is.  My guess was going to be Carolina simply because they have spent 2021 trying to build foundations to join the NARL, but maybe it is a year too early. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with the California RL, Utah RL + NARL West merger and who that group aligns itself with (if any). Arguably they should be involved in any expansion out West as they at least have some form of foundations. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

1 hour ago, langpark said:

To be honest, I was the biggest skeptic last time. But now with a far more realistic and conservative approach, I now think this does have a hope of becoming a reality. Obviously I will await more details but if I have understood correctly:

- 6 teams only 

- Established teams only, no fake entities?

- Admitting they are amateur rather than semi-pro (surely they have burnt their bridges in any case, with Eddie Pettybourne and the like)?

If all of the above is accurate, then it will but a far, far cheaper venture than the previous attempt, hence has an actual chance of happening.

But it's 5 teams and no New York team, just a made up one that doesnt exist, plus a team in the middle of nowhere that has never played a competitive game. There is still no investment. Whos going to fund all the travel if there is no investment and it's amateur? If it's not going to be semi-pro with investment, what's the point when there was already a comp? Setting up a new one makes no sense unless it's a step up from the amateur one. You should have retained your skepticism.

3736-mipm.gif

22 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

But it's 5 teams and no New York team, just a made up one that doesnt exist, plus a team in the middle of nowhere that has never played a competitive game. There is still no investment. Whos going to fund all the travel if there is no investment and it's amateur? If it's not going to be semi-pro with investment, what's the point when there was already a comp? Setting up a new one makes no sense unless it's a step up from the amateur one. You should have retained your skepticism.

I still am skeptical, for all thisenreasons you mentioned. But just a lot less than I was before. 

1 minute ago, langpark said:

I still am skeptical, for all thisenreasons you mentioned. But just a lot less than I was before. 

At least some money actually got issued the first time around. 

3736-mipm.gif

34 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

This is a good point that I was going to make. I could understand NARL and the reasons behind it and how it was meant to be a professional entity at a higher level than the existing amateur domestic setup. I can certainly understand and the people behind it wanting full control of it after putting time and money in, doing all the hard yards and getting backers. The trouble is it was built on sand and never came to fruition.

If they aren't doing that and just having a few amateur teams then they may as well be part of the USARL.

Media release from the 19th, which was before yesterday's relaunch letter.

Rob Curtis still involved it appears.

https://esportsinsider.com/2021/11/alpha-esports-narl/

I assume the intention is that there will be some form of subscription Esport NARL competition running alongside the real thing.

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Try to be a little more positive will ya...this is all going to work out in the end...its all going to be Okay.  We are all in this together!

This is the first time Hemi has ever given me an emoje that did not have the confused look on it....something must be up.

5 hours ago, Damien said:

This is a good point that I was going to make. I could understand NARL and the reasons behind it and how it was meant to be a professional entity at a higher level than the existing amateur domestic setup. I can certainly understand and the people behind it wanting full control of it after putting time and money in, doing all the hard yards and getting backers. The trouble is it was built on sand and never came to fruition.

If they aren't doing that and just having a few amateur teams then they may as well be part of the USARL.

Well, yes. It’s understandable people got carried away the first time, I was one of them. This time it’s a farce, a real shame people are getting dragged into it again. The game over here is now a shambles thanks to these chancers.

3736-mipm.gif

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Well, yes. It’s understandable people got carried away the first time, I was one of them. This time it’s a farce, a real shame people are getting dragged into it again. The game over here is now a shambles thanks to these chancers.

Can you elaborate why it's still a farce this time around?

It seems a lot more realistic now.  

Archived