Oldham RLFC: 24 years and counting no ground, no success, hardly any supporters. Time to Sell ?

WATERSHEDDINGS_ORLFC_1972

5 hours ago, clifford said:

Why does a government organisation need to bail out a private company that has a track record of bad planning

A simple answer is it doesn't.

Hmmm! Well, it's called soft power. There is an argument that a 'successful' sporting team or teams means a successful town. Look what happened when England football were on roll, when GB does well at the Olympics?. The UK is very good at soft power and that is reflected in our economy. We punch way above our weight. Now if the local council can help to kick start the two pro teams then maybe the 'feel good' factor can be resurrected in Oldham. Of course there will have to be strings attached. As I said, it's a point of view, 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 3

On 09/05/2022 at 13:46, clifford said:

Why does a government organisation need to bail out a private company that has a track record of bad planning

A simple answer is it doesn't.

That hasnt stopped OMBC throwing millions at Latics!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, roughyed8 said:

Dont forget Chapel Rd playing fields,

The multi use pitch in the Torex era,

Mulitple interest free loans!

m8 type in boundary park wikipedia and read all of it.

it will show how a certain person burnt his bridges.

38 minutes ago, tandle said:

m8 type in boundary park wikipedia and read all of it.

it will show how a certain person burnt his bridges.

It actually says "when the football club no longer wanted them as tenants" . No bridges, no burning! You are perpetuating myths and speculation. The truth is, you don't know, I don't know. Only one or two people know what actually caused the breakdown. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

It actually says "when the football club no longer wanted them as tenants" . No bridges, no burning! You are perpetuating myths and speculation. The truth is, you don't know, I don't know. Only one or two people know what actually caused the breakdown. 

why do you think latics did not want the rugby at boundary park and also at ashton united.

A usual reminder, if you have evidence (press, court documents, etc) of wrong doing, you are free to post it.  My mates dads uncle is not an allowable source for such speculation.  

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 14/05/2022 at 00:57, Little no it all said:

Correct Oldham rugby has no address not even at companies house 25 years on 

why would Oldham council give money to a company run by a bloke who doesn’t pay tax 

Are you mixing up your Hamiltons

On 15/05/2022 at 12:58, Bedford Roughyed said:

A usual reminder, if you have evidence (press, court documents, etc) of wrong doing, you are free to post it.  My mates dads uncle is not an allowable source for such speculation.  

oldham rlfc adress is.

registered address office *** furtherwood rd.oldham ol1 2pa.

that as been got from companies house.

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
Personal address

On 15/05/2022 at 17:50, tandle said:

oldham rlfc adress is.

registered address office *** furtherwood rd.oldham ol1 2pa.

that as been got from companies house.

So one poster say the club has no address and pays no tax, yet you have shown it does have an address.

Personal address
  • Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 15/05/2022 at 19:17, Bedford Roughyed said:

So one poster say the club has no address and pays no tax, yet you have shown it does have an address.

EDITED by MOD - And as its his personal address, we probably should leave it there.