Joey Leilua to Fev

Deserves a thread of its own. Has there ever been a more outrageous signing in the game? For his status, age, ability, profile etc, to be playing in the Championship at a part time club is absolutely astonishing. Great coup for Fev and the league.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Deserves a thread of its own. Has there ever been a more outrageous signing in the game? For his status, age, ability, profile etc, to be playing in the Championship at a part time club is absolutely astonishing. Great coup for Fev and the league.

How have they pulled this off? His status in the game, regardless of form, would mean you would expect a top level team to be snapping him up. Well done Fev. 

7 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Has he signed?.. saw the rumours on the various social media and online platforms, but didn't seriously think he'd come over here. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, EastLondonMike said:

Has he signed?.. saw the rumours on the various social media and online platforms, but didn't seriously think he'd come over here. 

Just announced, decent vid too - 

3736-mipm.gif

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

That is astonishing really. Well done Fev.

I cant believe a Super League clubs hasn't snapped him up really. He must be costing some amount of money.

I know and people on the Toulouse thread saying there's no one available. Wonder if he's on a promotion bonus or something like that as cant see Fev paying much more than 70k or so.

3736-mipm.gif

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Just announced, decent vid too - 

Thats a hell of a coup for Fev. Hope he comes over focused and ready to play. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I wouldnt bank on that but he could probably drink a bottle of whiskey before each game and still be devastating in the champ.

3736-mipm.gif

7 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Id hope he's following in Cam King and Nu Brown's footsteps and using us to resurrect his career.

I'm under no illusions about him being here long term, but I'm absolutely gobsmacked. What a signing. What a Unit.

You will get world class centre play.

And you will get brain farts of the highest order.

He will win one game and get sent off the next.

But it won't be boring.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

31 minutes ago, Damien said:

That is astonishing really. Well done Fev.

I cant believe a Super League clubs hasn't snapped him up really. He must be costing some amount of money.

I can !!

Great coup for Fev but no NRL club and no SL club would touch him. His form has been awful for the last couple of years, although admittedly not quite as bad as his disciplinary or injury record 😉

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

I can !!

Great coup for Fev but no NRL club and no SL club would touch him. His form has been awful for the last couple of years, although admittedly not quite as bad as his disciplinary or injury record 😉

SL clubs have snapped up far worse players and with as chequered a history.

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

But it won't be boring.

I dont think he's been sent off in his career. Playing in a largely part time championship and keeping in mind he's been Dally M center of the year twice, what ratio of brain farts to winning games do you expect to see? 

3736-mipm.gif

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

I can !!

His standing in the game alone would normally be enough for SL chairmen to be interested IMHO, regardless of the other stuff. I am not saying that you are wrong by the way just feel that there have been plenty of examples of players like this signing for SL clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

what ratio of brain farts to winning games do you expect to see?

27/73

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

ratio of brain farts to winning games do you expect to see? 

Ha ha at least 10 to 1 I reckon !!!

The stuff he just got penalised or binned for and then suspended later in the NRL is more likely to just get a straight red over here

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

This works for both parties IMO. Fev get a still NRL standard player to help push their promotion ambitions and from Joey's perspective, if he can stay disciplined (on and off the field) and put in match winning performances, this really is a trial for him getting a big(ger) money move elsewhere in SL for a longer period. 

9 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Can't wait to see what his relationship with Brian McDermott is going to be like, going to be some entertainment both on and off the pitch at POR in 2022 😀

According to BM 

I’ve had many conversations with Joey over the last few weeks, we’re looking forward to working together

46 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

But it won't be boring.

That's about it. He's daft as a brush and easily goaded, but can also deliver the goods. His partnership with Jordan Rapana at Canberra was very fruitful.

The most unlikely signing of the 2022 season?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived