Joey Leilua to Fev

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I know and people on the Toulouse thread saying there's no one available. Wonder if he's on a promotion bonus or something like that as cant see Fev paying much more than 70k or so.

He’ll be earning more than £70k imo, Featherstone are really splashing the cash in a bid to reach Super League, I just hope they don’t overstretch themselves and go bust in the process.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’ll be earning more than £70k imo, Featherstone are really splashing the cash in a bid to reach Super League, I just hope they don’t overstretch themselves and go bust in the process.

In truth, you’ve no idea what income and expenditure Rovers enjoy. Nor have you any idea what the players will be earning.

3 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

In truth, you’ve no idea what income and expenditure Rovers enjoy. Nor have you any idea what the players will be earning.

Just ignore the idiot. He's praying Fev go bust. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

9 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Whilst true I think many would be amazed if he was on less than £70k. If he was on say £50 or £60k I'm certain a SL club would have signed him.

13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Amazing signing for Fev.

I wonder if there is a SL and NRL release clause in there in favour of the player? It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

2 bites at the cherry for him though aren't there? Make it to SL with Fev, or play well enough to get a contract there (or NRL) with another club.

If he lights it up it might be difficult for Fev to hold on to him for 2023 if he gets an offer from a team already in SL.

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

2 bites at the cherry for him though aren't there? Make it to SL with Fev, or play well enough to get a contract there (or NRL) with another club.

If he lights it up it might be difficult for Fev to hold on to him for 2023 if he gets an offer from a team already in SL.

What if he gets an offer from Wakefield/Hudds/Salford/Toulouse mid-season as they try to avoid the drop? I hope Fev have the contract in their favour at least for 2022. 

As I said, amazing signing and a match winner.

Incredible signing for the championship. He’s certainly box office , no one knows what’s coming next … least of all him . Fantastic for Fev and the league  . Ring it in your diary Joey - February 13 … don’t be injured you’ll love it , just like Bondi

11 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I don't want to knock Fev here, for them it's a stunning signing. However this player is not known for being all that bright. I wonder if he's even bothered to find out what division Featherstone are in and just focused on the money. Daft as it sounds it wouldn't be the first time.

If it was for the money he wouldn't be coming to Fev Most SL clubs can afford more than us.Mark Campbell has certainly made a few SL teams look slow off the mark.As for not being all that bright we have had a few of those in the past.Lets see what he brings to the Championship next season i can't wait.

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Just ignore the idiot. He's praying Fev go bust. 

52 minutes ago, Damien said:

Whilst true I think many would be amazed if he was on less than £70k. If he was on say £50 or £60k I'm certain a SL club would have signed him.

The fact is he’s a £70k+ player easy. If Fev do go bust everyone will be saying they shouldn’t have spent money they didn’t have on big name signings like this one. There is no need for personal insults 

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If it was for the money he wouldn't be coming to Fev Most SL clubs can afford more than us.Mark Campbell has certainly made a few SL teams look slow off the mark.As for not being all that bright we have had a few of those in the past.Lets see what he brings to the Championship next season i can't wait.

It's probably the case Fev are topping his wages up from West Tigers. If that is to give Joey a season to recharge and find his best football in a new environment then Fev will be the winners as he will carve up the Championship. Great signing under the noses of SL clubs.

2 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

How have they pulled this off? His status in the game, regardless of form, would mean you would expect a top level team to be snapping him up. Well done Fev. 

He will be at a SL eventually no doubt.

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Oh come off it, he's coming to the UK for the money whether that be SL or the Championship. He's joined you because you have offered the most or at least the best deal.

I could just about buy your argument if you were Saints and thus likely to win medals.

Again, hats off, Wakefield couldn't match you not that I think we tried and I hope it works, will be interesting on boxing day, can't wait.

20 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

In the last few seasons Fev have taken a punt on Cam King and Nu Brown both of whom couldn’t get a gig in NRL and in both cases it turned out lucky. Just hoping this is the same.

Reni Maitua on the other hand wasnt so great. I suspect JL will be pretty good if he comes with a half decent attitude, he's levels above King and Brown but they both came to play. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Ooooh theres an idea, what if it is Leeds that have signed him but he will start the season at Fev. Would it be a surprise to see him DR at Leeds at some point next season? Even if that is the case, and Im not suggesting it is, then it is still good business for Fev adding to what was already the best squad in the Championship.

Top drawer signing for Fev that, blockbuster.

Must be on good money for a Super League club not to have signed him.

Massive statement of intent from Fev. They clearly intend to finish top, get promoted by some margin, and leave nobody in doubt about it happening all season!

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Top drawer signing for Fev that, blockbuster.

Must be on good money for a Super League club not to have signed him.

Massive statement of intent from Fev. They clearly intend to finish top, get promoted by some margin, and leave nobody in doubt about it happening all season!

That's all well and good but the GF will still be in October which makes it hard for a promoted team to plan.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

That's all well and good but the GF will still be in October which makes it hard for a promoted team to plan.

True, I was more saying that they want to make sure they are odds on favourites from the first whistle.

12 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ooooh theres an idea, what if it is Leeds that have signed him but he will start the season at Fev. Would it be a surprise to see him DR at Leeds at some point next season? Even if that is the case, and Im not suggesting it is, then it is still good business for Fev adding to what was already the best squad in the Championship.

Sherlock Holmes now lol.

Archived