Joey Leilua to Fev

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

This guy is an NRL reserve grader with no NRL suitors, right?

He made his debut in 2010 and has played 225 NRL games.

By my maths, that averages 20 NRL games a year for 11 years.

So no, he isn't an NRL reserve grader.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

19 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

You've shown that he *wasn't always* an NRL reserve grader but I don't think I argued that.

If that wasn't what you were arguing then perhaps you should have been a little more precise in your language.  Maybe you could have said 'current NRL reserve grader' so we know what you meant.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

41 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

This guy is an NRL reserve grader with no NRL suitors, right?

I'm not sure what you are trying to make out but I think it quite clear he hasn't or he wouldn't be signing for Fev in the Championship. 

As I said previously I think it's an amazing signing. If Wigan had signed him I wouldn't have been complaining. All credit to Fev.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to make out but I think it quite clear he hasn't or he wouldn't be signing for Fev in the Championship. 

Only point I'm trying to make is that this is not 2019. You'd have to be completely incurious to not think about what's gone wrong for this guy who played 2021 for Wests Magpies and isn't wanted by an NRL club. The reaction I've seen is akin to, say, Adam Doueihi signing.

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

great but am afraid fev will just be babysitting him till his arrival at leeds 

Not another product of that fantastic Leeds Academy sytem?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I wouldnt bank on that but he could probably drink a bottle of whiskey before each game and still be devastating in the champ.

Whoever plays outside him may as well drink a bottle also, he won’t be doing much.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

13 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Only point I'm trying to make is that this is not 2019. You'd have to be completely incurious to not think about what's gone wrong for this guy who played 2021 for Wests Magpies and isn't wanted by an NRL club. The reaction I've seen is akin to, say, Adam Doueihi signing.

He played 14 times for Wests Tigers in 2020 and 7 in 2021. He joined a club that has had trouble for years and had a coach that he didn't get on with. It happens.

Yes he is full of brain farts, can be a liability and I don't doubt he has issues but he is still an unbelievable signing for any Championship club. If nothing had gone wrong and he didn't have issues then quite simply he wouldn't be signing for Fev or indeed any other Championship or even Super League club.

If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out but I'd guess that Fev will recoup a fair bit of the outlay in increased ticket sales and merchandise.

11 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think this is fair.  The guy is very talented and a huge threat and so there must be a reason why he has not attracted a new NRL contract.  And that reason is a lack of discipline... both in foul play and his discipline in ball retention and defence.

Put simply. The negatives outweigh the positives.

1 minute ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Only time will tell, but for mine, that'll do.

If he puts an extra 250 on the gate per home game, @ £20 for 13 home games that will be £65k, so I guess that may cover his wages.

There aren't 250 people in Fev who have even heard of him, never mind 250 who will be subsequently motivated to go to a season full of home games.

1 hour ago, dboy said:

There aren't 250 people in Fev who have even heard of him, never mind 250 who will be subsequently motivated to go to a season full of home games.

They don't need to be the same 250 each week, just add 250 to the gate. There will be plenty of neutrals who will be interested.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

Whoever plays outside him may as well drink a bottle also, he won’t be doing much.

Oh I don't know.... the number of tries Owen Simpson scored having a cig on the wing waiting for Paul newlove to slip him the ball as he headed for the line with four defenders hanging from him....

Archived