Joey Leilua to Fev

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fev fans, if you make him feel really welcome, maybe he'll ask his kid brother Luciano to come and join him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They’d be Lucky …

basil%20big_0.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Perhaps there is a reason why no Super League club has snapped him up that is not public knowledge. Just saying

Glad you said ‘just saying’ at the end. Adds a real element of quality to your otherwise worthless opinion.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

This guy is an NRL reserve grader with no NRL suitors, right?

Correct no NRL suitors, clearly a bum who’ll struggle in the championship. 

3736-mipm.gif

Very good signing for the Championship, will be too big and strong for part-timers so even some of his braindead plays will come off. If by some miracle he comes over with the right attitude and actually gets himself fit then the Championship will be in trouble.

Anyone thinking he would be a top SL centre mustn't have watched the NRL for a few years though, there's a reason no one would even get him on a train-and-trial deal in the NRL.

As a sidenote, in a case of rather unfortunate timing he just got Covid.

1 hour ago, UTK said:

Very good signing for the Championship, will be too big and strong for part-timers so even some of his braindead plays will come off. If by some miracle he comes over with the right attitude and actually gets himself fit then the Championship will be in trouble.

Anyone thinking he would be a top SL centre mustn't have watched the NRL for a few years though, there's a reason no one would even get him on a train-and-trial deal in the NRL.

Id rather he'd got it in about 2 months 😉

17 hours ago, UTK said:

Nice

21 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Glad you said ‘just saying’ at the end. Adds a real element of quality to your otherwise worthless opinion.

Obviously i have touched a nerve with you when i asked a legitimate question. No real interest from any Super League club and the question is why, and he wont come cheap so that raise's another question as to how a pit village can afford to pay him within the salary cap. Perhaps creative accounting LOL

6 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Obviously i have touched a nerve with you when i asked a legitimate question. No real interest from any Super League club and the question is why, and he wont come cheap so that raise's another question as to how a pit village can afford to pay him within the salary cap. Perhaps creative accounting LOL

Wish people would get there fact's right before posting on the forun for a start we have'nt got a pit and secondly were not a village ???? But what we do have and have for the last decade is the best championship team and all from a little so called pit village we must be doing something right YER 

9 hours ago, The Future is League said:

and he wont come cheap so that raise's another question as to how a pit village can afford to pay him within the salary cap. Perhaps creative accounting LOL

How do you know that he won't come cheap? You are just making an assumption. Only the people inside the club will know the facts. Perhaps he comes cheap because nobody else wants him. Perhaps it's because he wants to relaunch his career with a new challenge like Cameron King, Nu Brown and Makahesi Makatoa and thought to himself "Which English club has a good track record in doing that?"  We as fans will never know unless the club or player decide to reveal the contents of his contract but that is very unlikely to happen so making wild assumptions is the only way fans of other clubs are able to justify why such a high profile player might sign for a Championship club.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Damien said:

Well he's turned up and looks thrilled:

he can't have been in all the charity shops in fev already can he? c'mon joey there's loads to see and do - its only 90 min trip to the beach (by car)

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No, he's a big unit. If he has his playing head on I think he's likely to threaten Fev's tries in a game record (6) during the season. 

We played some really good stuff last year and the friendlies so far suggest we'll be just as expansive, giving him plenty of opportunity. I think out of the Australian media bubble he'll relax and will be incredibly difficult to stop. 

Still can't believe a player of his quality, at his stage of his career will be playing in the championship next year. Extraordinary. If the Ryley Jacks and Josh Dugan rumours are true as well, it could be very interesting!

3736-mipm.gif

I'm not as sure that Leilua is going to destroy Championship defenses next year as some on here.

When you watch Super League teams take on Championship sides it isn't size that is the main physical difference, it is speed, power and fitness that comes from full time conditioning that is the biggest difference.

If the Joey Leilua at his peak conditioning from the NRL were playing week in week out in the Championship then that would be one thing but with all due respect he will not be at the physical levels of the NRL.  This is a player who has had a tendency to put on weight his whole career and if he 'relaxes' in his new environment then this is simply bound to happen.

Just because he is a big unit, it doesn't mean he is simply going to walk through the Championship defenses.  For comparison, Konrad Hurrell had a better try to game ratio in the NRL than Leilua and would we have expected him to score 6 tries a game in the Championship last year?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived