Joey Leilua to Fev

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Good points but if you look at his NRL footage he does have all those qualities as well as his sheer size, just Need to get him motivated and in the right frame of mind. 

I guess my point is that don't expect a player to have the same levels of fitness and conditioning as he would in the NRL.  That is no disrespect of the Championship, just that you don't get the intense full time 15 week pre-season training regime that you would in the NRL.

So his size and skill is there but the conditioning you see from the NRL won't be and we cannot just expect to see the same player as in the NRL because of all the environmental things that contribute to the 80 minutes on the pitch every week.

Will he be a great asset to Fev? Absolutely.  Will he be one of the best players in the Championship? Absolutely.  Will he be walking in tries at will? No.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, POR said:

Under Cambell  FEV never over stretch themselves and only spend what the'ave got and despite rumours don't pay silly money on player contracts so your thoughts on joey is another one of your silly assumptions

Unlike our near neighbours FEV have made a profit every year under his steward ship further more would think with the 2 million grant from the council the money earmarked for the foundation and community work for this year is still in the bank

I wonder what local council tax payers think about their money being spent on Featherstone Rover’s overseas players 

5 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I wonder what local council tax payers think about their money being spent on Featherstone Rover’s overseas players 

Have you got evidence of this? Presumably you have a link?

Another trolling and potentially libellous post from the forum irritant

23 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Have you got evidence of this? Presumably you have a link?

Another trolling and potentially libellous post from the forum irritant

If you don't respond, those of us who have him muted don't see his bile.

40 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They like it. 

It's getting spent on physical assets for RL use and wider sporting use including bowling and cricket which are adjacent to Fev Rovers land

9 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

PQR stated Featherstone have been given £2M from the local authority 

I know you’re committed to trolling and can’t cope with anything positive to do with Fev but at least do some basic research. 

None of the clubs can spend money on players, it has to be spent on infrastructure such as stadium, facilities and community initiatives. That’s in the contract, it’s not just £2m to spend as they please.

Try harder you clown, but do keep trying it’s very amusing.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

9 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

PQR stated Featherstone have been given £2M from the local authority 

Of that there is no argument but you’ve stated it is being spent on players contracts instead of its intended purpose and I highly doubt you have any evidence to back up your claim.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It's nothing do do with council tax payers money where do you get that from ?

8 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I know you’re committed to trolling and can’t cope with anything positive to do with Fev but at least do some basic research. 

None of the clubs can spend money on players, it has to be spent on infrastructure such as stadium, facilities and community initiatives. That’s in the contract, it’s not just £2m to spend as they please.

Try harder you clown, but do keep trying it’s very amusing.

Clown ? Clowns are funny he certainly isn't!

50 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

They like it. 

It's getting spent on physical assets for RL use and wider sporting use including bowling and cricket which are adjacent to Fev Rovers land

They don't look into things they just want to shoot us down.

My guess, and it would only be a guess, is we put funds aside for the Rovers foundation and other activities that the club does in and around the local community. So the only way any of the £2m could be used on players would be if money was freed up from there. 

So I couldn't give you any specifics, but as the WMDC money has to be used on facilities and community projects, and reported back to WMDC, that was my assumption. But I may be completely wrong.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I know we’ll get lots of hidings but I’m looking forward to seeing all these players , some of which you’d never thought you’d see at this level . Certainly gives great profile to the competition

That was my take when Toronto were signing some big names and it showed in attendances for pretty much every game they played away. Fev and Leigh wont be unbeatable either. Fev in particular are still part time and the bulk of the squad are regular championship players.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

38 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

My guess, and it would only be a guess, is we put funds aside for the Rovers foundation and other activities that the club does in and around the local community. So the only way any of the £2m could be used on players would be if money was freed up from there. 

So I couldn't give you any specifics, but as the WMDC money has to be used on facilities and community projects, and reported back to WMDC, that was my assumption. But I may be completely wrong.

Floodlights upgrade hopefully.

Archived