Channel 4 to broadcast live Super League

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely lovely stuff. 

For all the doom and gloom, the new TV deal looks to be an excellent deal from a content point of view.

Even if this means a bit of short term financial pain (or badge it as investment), it feels worth it for the opportunities that this presents. 

If we can confirm things like every game filmed to broadcast standard then it is very, very good. 

There is a real opportunity to relaunch SL in a very positive manner here. 

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Let's hope so! 😀 

It's on the game to make it so but 10 live games across the summer on Channel 4. That really has the potential to make a massive difference.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

It's on the game to make it so but 10 live games across the summer on Channel 4. That really has the potential to make a massive difference.

I'm interested to know who has the highlights, I couldn't see it mentioned. I think it makes sense to have this on C4 so they have the narrative of the whole season. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'm interested to know who has the highlights, I couldn't see it mentioned. I think it makes sense to have this on C4 so they have the narrative of the whole season. 

It would be weird/disappointing for this not to be the case.

Up to the clubs to really focus on getting big crowds for these live terrestrial games.

Just now, M j M said:

It would be weird/disappointing for this not to be the case.

Up to the clubs to really focus on getting big crowds for these live terrestrial games.

Was just about to post similar. These 10 games should be handpicked and we go all out to make them events. Mind you, the same goes for Cup games and we are happy for them to be on BBC with poor crowds. 

Seems they won't just be getting the rubbish too if the opener is anything to go by. Showing big clubs like the Wire and whoever they happen to play is great. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Showing big clubs like the Wire and whoever they happen to play is great. 

Now, now ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Delighted, looks a good deal, well done Ken Davy.

Should be good news for our main Sponsor Bet Fred and our other leading sponsors and for the various local sponsors.

The home Clubs absolutely MUST make an event out of each and every home game. Anyone who sits back and hopes people come to the 10 gamesshould be shot.

BBC, Channel 4, Sky Sports - impressive and I have to say, a surprise to me.

8 minutes ago, cookey said:

Should be good news for our main Sponsor Bet Fred and our other leading sponsors and for the various local sponsors.

The home Clubs absolutely MUST make an event out of each and every home game. Anyone who sits back and hopes people come to the 10 gamesshould be shot.

Yes, this needs to be the start of an opportunity that we need to make the most of rather than the end game. 

19 minutes ago, cookey said:

if past history is anything go by we are going to need the great wall of china to line them up against!

Brilliant news and it really should be a springboard for the sport if used correctly.. what a positive start to the day.. 

Archived